Help!!! FB spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilz

Reaction score
Hi

I need help or advice. I purchased the new PEB L20 from fake bake, it is there latest one. I purchased this machine from a salon that could no longer offer spray tanning due to low ceilings and lack of ventilation etc. She had only done about 8 tan using the machine. I know the girl who owns the salon and know she would not sell me anything faulty or no t good. I went along for my training yesterday (not with Fake Bake) and was adviced to bring my machine and she would train me using mine, which I thought was gr8. When she put their solution in and test sprayed it came out fast and splatted everywhere and ran down her Fake bake walls. She tried adjusting it and turning it down as low as she could but it was still very blotchy. I used their machine to do my taining and it was gr8 as it was a constant fine spray and when tried mine as a comparison it just splatted all over my sister. I contacted my friend who I purchased the machine and she is coming round of Friday and is going to use FB in the gun and have a go at setting it up and spraying one of my friends just to see if it is working ok. I am really worried now as I couldn't possibly go out tanning people with this machine as it is now as I would have to stand at the other end of the room and would use all my product in one spray with the amount of overspray. Do you know is it because it was a different solution in it or could it be something wrong with it. It is still under warranty. Help please

I didn't want to read and run but can't help you with the machine as I don't have that one or know anything about it but as a general rule of thumb all machines will spray any tanning solution but the settings will be different for each brand as there are thicker & thinner solutions.

I would make sure the gun has been stripped down and cleaned (get your friend who sold it to you to show you how to do this) then fully close your flow dial (the one that changes how much solution comes out) so that no solution comes out, then very slowly open the dial up a little at a time and spray a bit of solution onto a peice of couch roll, continue to spray & adjust the dial until you get a nice colour on the front of the couch roll from one swipe but nothing on the back of the couch roll.

Once your gun is set you should have a fine mist like you did at training and use approx 50ml of solution to do a full body tan. The first few tans sometimes take more solution but don't panic as when you get used to your tanning routine and you get your technique sorted you will you will feel more confident and get better results.

Latest posts

Back