Help - fixing broken nail!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyF

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm due to Shellac a friends nails during lunch hour at work today as she goes on holiday tomorrow. However, she's broken one of her nails very low down - the tear is about a third of the way across the nail bed. I only have Shellac with me - nothing else. Is it possible to repair with just a teabag and no glue as I've read about online?!? I will be doing Rockstart which migth disguise any bumps but would appreaciate and hints and tips! Thanks!

First time I've heard of it but seems to work for small cracks!!!!
However, when I googled it I found this:
"The first time I tried this, I used nail glue instead of base coat, and it was terrible. The nail glue didn’t provide better hold and it doesn’t last longer--all it does is get all over your fingers and leave horrible blobs of congealed paper and glue all over your nails. I ruined two nails trying to scrub, soak, file and pick it off. Please stick to base coat, is what I’m saying."

http://www.xovain.com/nails/tea-bag-wraps-for-broken-nails

So stay off the glue, but will shellac work on top of regular base coat? Or the other way around, will the tea bag work properly if adhered with shellac base coat? Something to think of.
Will definitely like to find out how this turned out, since I'm constantly having the same problem with my nails. So please post your results (and photos if possible)!!!

Hello put base coat on then a small bit of top coat place a tiny bit of silk raid the under wear lol. Place on while still wet pat it with the brush so it's all covered maybe even stick more topcoat on it and cure

I didn't use a teabag as I don't really like the idea of bits of tea getting stuck lol.
Iv repaired a couple of nails however by using a small strip of micropore tape across the break, sealing it with a tiny amount of nail glue, letting it dry then buffing it smooth as you can. I then apply the gel polish as normal (base coat, colour etc). I use Gelish and OPI GelColor, not Shellac however, and Iv always found its held fine until removal.

Thanks everyone, well I'm limited to what I have here in the office so we'll give it a go and see if it lasts! I'll take some photos as well x

Latest posts

Back