Help! Gel doesn't want to stay on client's nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderland

Reaction score
Please help. I don't know what to do. Gel doesn't wana stay on a client's nails. Especially on the thumb. It just comes off clean, lifts. I've tried everything. sometimes it comes off from other fingers too, but mostly her right hand thumb. Feel like crying, so frustrating. she is a new client, it's her 5th visit to me. I don't want to give up on her, she's such a nice lady. Since she started doing her nails she says she can't imagine not having them. She has a very high position at her job and has a lot of meetings, has to have nice nails.
I asked her if she peeks on them or anything else to cause the lifting but she says she doesn't. She is so desperate to get them right. Just started doing her toes, and she loves them. She likes my job and wants to stay with me. but I really don't know how can I make that thumb to get right. She always has classical french with buff off gel. It just seems like gel doesn't want to stay or bond with her nail. :sad::sad:
Sorry for such a long thread, but I really need help. Please!

Not much help as i only use soak off now but could.it be the position she puts her thumb in the lamp? Only ivr found if a client doesnt lie their thumb correctly the one side then doesnt cure enough and this would cause lifting xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Not much help as i only use soak off now but could.it be the position she puts her thumb in the lamp? Only ivr found if a client doesnt lie their thumb correctly the one side then doesnt cure enough and this would cause lifting xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thx. I will look at it. I refilled her nails yesterday and in the eve thumb came off again. She's gona come for a fix today later :(

what gel are you using??

are you thoroughly prepping?this is often the cause of lifting straight?

With only the thumb nails coming clean off there is likely only two causes:

1) The nail is flat, this adds a lot more stress when the shrinkage happens during curing.
Try thinner layers and ensure to build a strong apex with the extra layers. Too flat and it will leverage off

2) the nail is not getting thorough cure, if your lamp is not a five finger model (like the cnd shellac lamp) try curing the thumbs separately to get a deep and thorough cure for strength and adhesion...

Good luck

what gel are you using??

are you thoroughly prepping?this is often the cause of lifting straight?

Hi Souz. Yes I do prep thoroughly. Even more careful and take my time to make sure everything is well prepped since gel doesn't wana stay on her nails. Push the cuticles, buff off the old gel but still leave a layer not to damage her nails, buff with white buffer, put primer, brush nicely to make sure her nails are clean and start with gel. I use Nails4U Ultra Bond. I do everything I was taught. She has 3 colleagues coming to me, all the rest's nails are perfect and very happy. She came after she saw their nails and was very impressed with the way I do their nails.

With only the thumb nails coming clean off there is likely only two causes:

1) The nail is flat, this adds a lot more stress when the shrinkage happens during curing.
Try thinner layers and ensure to build a strong apex with the extra layers. Too flat and it will leverage off

2) the nail is not getting thorough cure, if your lamp is not a five finger model (like the cnd shellac lamp) try curing the thumbs separately to get a deep and thorough cure for strength and adhesion...

Good luck

My lamp is a 5 finger one 36W. I will try to cure the thumb separately this time. And I don't build a high apex on her nails, coz she likes her nails thin (natural looking) she's so adamant about it. Before putting her nails into the lamp she always checks if everything is good and the way she likes, if not she asks to fix or change :D
i think I will try doing the apex and making them thicker. But it starts lifting from the end, clean. Kinda like lifting a sticker from the paper.
thx for your advice! really appreciate it!!

Latest posts

Back