Help gel enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolled Up!

Reaction score
Hiya need advice as to what to do, client had nails done on Good Friday, she has now messaged me this morning saying 5 have gone really bad! She sent pics but in fairly new to this so not really sure what to say. Her nails were very damaged and tender after wearing press on nails for a long time. It looks to me like lifting but unsure as to if this is my fault! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398321591.058980.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398321664.153942.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398321672.221351.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398321678.620627.jpg

Yes they are definitely lifting.

Although the pictures aren't too great it looks to me that the tips are not a great fit on the nails, looking a little too big/wide. This could be the cause of the sidewall lifting, along with product touching the skin at the sidewalls.
However the lifting at the cuticle area can be caused by improper prep or again product touching the skin at that area.

Maybe talk us through your prep and application and we can see what is going wrong, as we have all been there when we started out ;)

Perhaps, they were a different brand of tips I used. Prep wise I pushed cuticles back, buffed nail, cleansed, applied tips, cut and blended, cleansed then ph bond before applying the gel builder. I've had sets last weeks and some last days I wish I could figure it out as it's really knocking my confidence. Do you think I should sort for free after it's been 6 days?

I would repair for free as they are clearly lifting quite badly, I'm surprised some are still on by looking at the pics, but as the previous person said they're not great photos, does appear to be ill fitting tips and product at cuticle and side wall x

Yeah I'm just going to completely redo them for free as I'm not happy with them. I think I'm gonna have to flash cure after every finger as I think it's flooding where it's touched the side walls. Will watch my tip fitting as well, she had extremely short nails with no free edge so found them challenging.

Latest posts

Back