Help, Gelish colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

☆Missy☆

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I need to come with a list of 12 gelish colours for my training this weekend.
So far I have chosen:
-love me like a vamp
Just incase tomorrow never comes
Midnight caller
Mint icing
Light elegant
Bellas vampire
Good gossip
For my french I choose - Arctic Freeze n simply cheer

I am so stuck on what colours to get. Please let me know your opinions on the colours as I am going by the colour charts :-/. What colours are popular in the winter months?

I love - my forbidden love, caution, night reflection, sweet chocolate, inner vixen, jet set

these are all great winter colours, you might want to google the colours though as the colour chart isn't very accurate

yeah, definitely google the colours! some are really different to the colour charts and it gives you a much better idea of what you're actually buying.

Get izzy wizzy - it's my favourite glitter and looks great over most colours (especially dark ones). Black shadow and black cherry berry are also good bets for wintery colours.

Good luck with your training :)

☆Missy☆;2001241 said:
Hi ladies

So far I have chosen:
-love me like a vamp
Midnight caller
Mint icing
Light elegant
Bellas vampire
Good gossip

I am so stuck on what colours to get. Please let me know your opinions on the colours as I am going by the colour charts :-/. What colours are popular in the winter months?

Isn't love me like a vamp very similar to Bellas Vampire? I would also get Vegas Nights, it's great over everything, stand out is lovely also x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

yeah, definitely google the colours! some are really different to the colour charts and it gives you a much better idea of what you're actually buying.

Get izzy wizzy - it's my favourite glitter and looks great over most colours (especially dark ones). Black shadow and black cherry berry are also good bets for wintery colours.

Good luck with your training :)

Thank you I am very excited n eager to get started.
I will google those too. I don't have any glitter ones as just thought I would use my many glitter pots that I have but I might get one or 2 now.

Isn't love me like a vamp very similar to Bellas Vampire? I would also get Vegas Nights, it's great over everything, stand out is lovely also x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I haven't a clue :-/. Would love if someone could clarify this for me? I will look into the colours u mentioned. Thanks for your help x

☆Missy☆;2001241 said:
Hi ladies

So far I have chosen:
-love me like a vamp
Midnight caller
Mint icing
Light elegant
Bellas vampire
Good gossip

Yes love me like a vamp and Bella's vampire are similar. I would start with just one of those.
Night reflection is a slightly lighter purple with a bit of shimmer. Although I you get izzy wizzy (would recommend!) then you can put this over you dark purple and it's lush!

I would deff say black shadow (pure black)
Gossip girl - gorgeous bright pink
Hot rod red - bright almost pillar box red.
Eur so chic - my favorite nude colour
Simply mauvelous darling - really popular nude/ mauve.

There's loads more there all my favorite haha but those ones are really pipar and nice

Laura xx

Yes love me like a vamp and Bella's vampire are similar.

Very similar ;)
Bella's vampire is easy to control and goes on nice, but sometimes needs 3 coats.
Love me like a vamp is really nice looking but is slightly thicker to apply which takes a bit longer but only needs 2 coats.

Laura xx

Yes love me like a vamp and Bella's vampire are similar. I would start with just one of those.
Night reflection is a slightly lighter purple with a bit of shimmer. Although I you get izzy wizzy (would recommend!) then you can put this over you dark purple and it's lush!

I would deff say black shadow (pure black)
Gossip girl - gorgeous bright pink
Hot rod red - bright almost pillar box red.
Eur so chic - my favorite nude colour
Simply mauvelous darling - really popular nude/ mauve.

There's loads more there all my favorite haha but those ones are really pipar and nice

Laura xx

Thank you Laura I think I will stick with Bella's vampire as I have heard from great feedback on it. I will also have a look at the other ones u mentioned.
Do you have a favourite one for french? There's a few whites but unsure which one would b more suitable.
Xx

☆Missy☆;2001437 said:
Thank you Laura I think I will stick with Bella's vampire as I have heard from great feedback on it. I will also have a look at the other ones u mentioned.
Do you have a favourite one for french? There's a few whites but unsure which one would b more suitable.
Xx

Its funny but I much prefer Love Me Like A Vamp. My Bella's Vampire is really thin and has a habit of leaking into the cuticle area and is then very difficult to remove before curing :(

The two colours are almost identical.

Touch of Sass is really popular for me at the moment as is Exhale (looks brown in the NH swatches but is a gorgeous dusky rose sort of colour that suits everyone).

Night Reflection is gorgeous. Caution is popular as is Jet Set. I would definitely recommend getting Good Gossip as this will be very popular with Christmas coming both on its own and layered over Bella's/Love Me Like a Vamp/Touch Of Sass

Hope that helps :)

☆Missy☆;2001437 said:
Xx

Sheek white is my personal favourite. I find it's bright enough for a definite French but does tone down easy with a sheer pink over it.
Hmmmm I do have love me like a vamp on right now haha.
It has been really popular since it came out.
But if you do Bella's vampire thin enough (with 3 coats) you should be able to control it and not get in on the cuticle.

Tried taking a photo of my nails for you but it's too dark :(

Laura xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381952986.021527.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381953027.626074.jpg

Bit rubbish but a rough idea. Bella's vampire is basically the same.
Just so you know iv had these on a week and iv battered them a bit haha.

Laura xx

☆Missy☆;2001241 said:
Hi ladies

So far I have chosen:
-love me like a vamp
Midnight caller
Mint icing
Light elegant
Bellas vampire
Good gossip

I would swap simply sheer for little princess for French - looks soo much better.
Defo a glitter - favs are Vegas nights and waterfield for layering.
Simply mauve-Lou's is popular is it's a nice neutral colour that suits most.

Black Shadow is another good call :)

I prefer red roses/ stand out instead of just in case.

Sweet chocolate is also popular and u can use standout for layering.

Passion, really popular pink.

Tiger Blossom, classic coral colour.

Hope this helps xx

Also, Gossip Girl is a dark pink another good choice xxx

I would swap simply sheer for little princess for French - looks soo much better.
Defo a glitter - favs are Vegas nights and waterfield for layering.
Simply mauve-Lou's is popular is it's a nice neutral colour that suits most.

Black Shadow is another good call :)

I prefer red roses/ stand out instead of just in case.

Sweet chocolate is also popular and u can use standout for layering.

Passion, really popular pink.

Tiger Blossom, classic coral colour.

Hope this helps xx

Thank you so much it has def helped :). Will look up those colours xx

Love gossip girl, tiger blossom, good gossip, izzy wizzy, black shadow, sweet chocolate and seafoam

I adore night reflection, its a beautiful deep purple. xx

Attachments

• 20131012_121859.jpg
    20131012_121859.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 130
Love gossip girl, tiger blossom, good gossip, izzy wizzy, black shadow, sweet chocolate and seafoam

I adore night reflection, its a beautiful deep purple. xx

That is really pretty.
I wish I could afford to buy every single Gelish colour,it would make things a lot easier :green: xx

When I did my training the educator had 3 huge cases all labelled and sorted into blues, reds, pinks etc. I wanted to snatch them and run lol

I agree with the recommendation of little princess for French pink. Use it under the white.

Latest posts

Back