Help, losing faith in Gelish colours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very condescending and I wish you wouldn't have replied to me. I was simply trying to help a fellow tech out. You haven't provided me or her for that matter with anything constructive. Please don't reply to me anymore unless it is positive or helpful!

t's a public forum so you need to expect people to reply to posts.

I didn't aim anything at you, I was simply stating what I've come to notice on this site for the past few years that I have been on here.

I have no idea what constructive info you offered from your post that was basically all about slating a product that thousands of techs use daily and get on very well with.

I also have no idea why you bothered to reply to me if you didn't want one back!

Please don't reply back to me unless you have pulled your big girl pants up and actually read what has been written and stop taking things to heart!

Try swiping after the base is cured and do a flash cure to set the gel before it has time to pull. With flash curing I alternate hands with every finger, they'll cure for a few seconds until I'm ready for the next hand.

t's a public forum so you need to expect people to reply to posts.

I didn't aim anything at you, I was simply stating what I've come to notice on this site for the past few years that I have been on here.

I have no idea what constructive info you offered from your post that was basically all about slating a product that thousands of techs use daily and get on very well with.

I also have no idea why you bothered to reply to me if you didn't want one back!

Please don't reply back to me unless you have pulled your big girl pants up and actually read what has been written and stop taking things to heart!

You're just being more foul and more condescending. How could your ignorant comments not be directed at me when you are quoting my remarks? Anyway I'm going to ignore you now..

You're just being more foul and more condescending. How could your ignorant comments not be directed at me when you are quoting my remarks? Anyway I'm going to ignore you now..

[emoji85][emoji23][emoji23]

There are lots of threads on Sg bemoaning products and the harsh fact is that in 99% of the instances the author is undertrained or inexperienced.

Gelish produce 200+ colours. The brand is used by thousands worldwide. They are the market leader for a reason.

Whilst a product may be not to someone's personal taste it is a bit silly, and also rather rude, to slate the brand. Often by extension you are being unpleasant about someone's business.

One should be able to communicate their dislikes in a less confrontational manner and remain respectful.

With regards to the Op's initial statement...

It's a combination of a few things which have been covered already: june bride isn't meant to be full coverage it's a topper, sweet morning dew is thicker but not impossible - there were complaints about this colour on release, the mint is thicker but I'm not aware of any common problems.

Trying 3% of a brand's product line isn't really the best gauge of quality. All lines have thinner and thicker consistency colours that's just life.

As it turns out the op hasn't done gelish training. If you are struggling with a product line it seems an obvious move...

That's very condescending and I wish you wouldn't have replied to me. I was simply trying to help a fellow tech out. You haven't provided me or her for that matter with anything constructive. Please don't reply to me anymore unless it is positive or helpful!

Oh dear I think you've taken this post a bit too seriously. I don't think they were being condescending and I agree with what they've said.
An actual Gelish conversion course is a must to understand the brand, application etc. Even if you have done a gel polish course previously.
I have worked with Gelish for 5 years and wouldn't change it for the world. In that time I've had issues with different colours and Nail Harmony have always been great to deal with. One bottle of sweet morning dew was fine, next time it was runny. So just ensure you are ordering from the genuine distributors and have the back up of returning them if necessary.

Also to anyone who compares CND Shellac to Gelish... Shellac is a hybrid nail polish and gel polish and Gelish is a full gel polish so you really can't compare them.

I understand your concern and appreciate your feedback. In the US we do not train with one brand or another and then become qualified. I went to school, graduated, and applied for licensure. yes it is important to train with a brand in order to get maximum use out of a product! 90% of the time it is operator error. In my case it was not. For instance I trained with CND extensively after school and still do not use shellac on fingernails. Why? Bc there are better products IMO. I do however use it on toes because of the easy removal. I've also had training from Gelish and do not use their products nor would I recommend them to anyone. Why? Because 6 years ago when I started using their products I noticed 1. No amount of stirring or shaking could get some of the products to have opacity without 3 or more coats. 2. Light colors were thin and terribly watery 3. Gel brushes would be "eaten" by the product despite tightly closed and clean neck of the bottle. I could go on but I have no reason to.. I don't wish to insult anyone's business. You like what you like and personally I don't like Gelish. I simply wanted to share my experience without the trivial feedback. In all honesty, I have seen and heard that they have changed the formula and changed the bottles which might prove better results. However, "my good opinion once lost is gone forever" and I would sooner return things to my professional supply then struggle or compromise. I hope that gives everyone some clarity.

Oh dear I think you've taken this post a bit too seriously. I don't think they were being condescending and I agree with what they've said.
An actual Gelish conversion course is a must to understand the brand, application etc. Even if you have done a gel polish course previously.
I have worked with Gelish for 5 years and wouldn't change it for the world. In that time I've had issues with different colours and Nail Harmony have always been great to deal with. One bottle of sweet morning dew was fine, next time it was runny. So just ensure you are ordering from the genuine distributors and have the back up of returning them if necessary.

Also to anyone who compares CND Shellac to Gelish... Shellac is a hybrid nail polish and gel polish and Gelish is a full gel polish so you really can't compare them.

Started out with gelish 6 years ago stuck by them until 3years ago where I began to try other brands I find gelux,asp, red carpet all much better than gelish as no shrinkage and better coverage.

Latest posts

Back