Help getting back on diet plan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luscious85

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am doing Slimming World at the moment - been doing it for about 7 weeks and lost 14 lbs, been very committed and enjoying the whole experience of healthy eating. But I've been on holiday the past week and all of a sudden I don't know how it's happened but I've gone way off plan and can't seem to get back on track! Every day I say I'll get back on tomorrow - I've eaten so many dreadful things I feel literally terrible as my body got used to healthy food - I have woken up with an awful bloated tummy and I'm really dehydrated. Dread to think how much I've put back on in the past week :( Today is my last day so decided I will go for a run this morning, get my Slimming World book out and get back on plan, and just draw a line under it and move on. I can do it!!!!!
Anyone else doing Slimming World and had these sort of set backs?
:)

Me!!! And just had a bad weekend, out on Friday and Saturday night and been eating and drinking everything! Feel yuck this morning. I have 4 weeks until my holidays so I need to get back on track today.

I don't follow slimming world but I do try and set myself certain boundaries, too many wine and Dorito binges were really taking their toll! My dad is a personal trainer and also does sports nutrition, he always says to me that the key is to draw a line under it and move on :) if i beat myself up about it, I feel bad, get the Doritos out, and the spiral begins!

Thanks for your replies - just completed my first day back on plan and feeling loads better already :) Sometimes you maybe have to get eating bad things out of your system and today I actually felt ready to get back on it as opposed to forcing myself. Oh and red wine, dips and Doritos have been my serious downfall the past week too!

I don't do slimming world i do weightwatchers, but I'm the same, one little thing sets me off track, last night hubby bought me a pizza platter, god knows why he did this as he knows im dieting, my fault for eating it though

soon as I'd eaten it I decided to have trifle & chocolate biscuits too :(

Today I've had a small cooked breakfast but stopping it there, (just going to have a bowl of special k for the rest of the day)

Anyway im off on holiday tomorrow were I'm all inclusive so it's going to be a real test for me :eek: I'm trying to at least sts, ill eat all the healthy options & I'm going to not binge on crap because I really don't want to undo all my losses.

Falling off the wagon when you've done so well then getting back on track is hard, but it can be done

P.s- you sound like a lady I speak to on a weightloss forum, your not called Sam are you? apologies if your not, but you have almost identical story's, i read this & thought ive spoken to this lady before lol x

Hi Lush-Lash no I'm not Sam, my name is Laura, but out of interest what slimming forum do you go on?
Holidays/weekends away/days out are hard when dieting! I didn't realise until I started dieting just how much food is part of the enjoyment of holidays etc for me, and I seem to be constantly in the situation where if I don't have the things I want (pizza, wine, chips, crisps and dips etc), I feel really cross and find myself not enjoying myself or relaxing. But then if I do have those things it's almost worse because I beat myself up immediately afterwards and feel terrible for ruining my diet, and then follows oh well I've had that I might as well have the cake/wine/chocolate etc. I'm fine when I'm at work in my normal routine of weetabix, noodles and fruit but as soon as it's a day out, meal, BBQ, it takes serious willpower!!!
Enjoy your holiday, and just take one day at a time. I find with me if I want to go off plan and eat something bad I have to get it out of my system otherwise I'd go mad. You'll lose anything gained when you go back on plan, and in my class we're taught to think of the long term not week by week. It must be normal to have ups and downs along the way!

Yes all the time! Do you stay to group!? It's the only way I find! Don't weigh and go! I lost 2 and a half stone with slimming world got lazy stopped staying to group and.... Well you can guess what happened! Good luck xxxx

BIG fan of slimming world. It is so easy (when done properly) but like you I have been stuck in a rut and have lost 7lb in 9 weigh ins.

I have spent 4 weeks putting on half, maintaining, loosing half, maintaining. I have 2 more stone to lose and am getting back on plan and getting better at it by the day.

I have the most amazing leader and after a really bad week this week she has been so supportive which is helping!

Why is it so easy to put on but amazingly hard to come off!!

Here is to a good week. I weigh in on a Thursday night. When is yours??

Salzgirlie xx

Hi I do slimming world, have lost a stone so far but have completely buggered it up this week!! Same as you I've just lost motivation, but actually I took my teenage daughter clothes shopping yesterday and it filled me with inspiration again, there's some gorgeous fashions out at the moment and I want to be able to shop in "thin girl" shops and wear all this gorgeous stuff. I'm getting my slimming world recipe books out tonight and am gonna plan my next weeks meals cos when I do this I tend to stick to it and stay motivated. Hope you get back on track and get a good loss this week x

Hi guys
I started slimming world in August 2011 as i wanted to shift about 2 stone after being sterlisied i completely bloated!!
I love the slimming world plans but like you all get stuck sometimes and put a bit on here and there or i weigh and find i stay the same all the time!!
My group leader told me to swap plans when ive had an eat all i want buffet week!!!The first time i did this i wasnt convinced,but actually i burnt alot more off after having junk week,so now il have a bad week,not worry about it then il behave and it comes off.
I did stop staying at group and that makes me lose motivation!!
I have just been diagnosed with an extremely overactive thyroid whitch means surgery for me.The shakes and hot flushes and palpitations are horrendous,HOWEVER they do say clouds have a silver lining because the weights dropping off!!although i casn think of nicer ways of doing it :-/

Just thought I should let you guys know... I was peckish and stayed away from the Doritos!! I had an apple instead :)
Hope you are all getting on well x

I've been on SW since 5th jan and have lost 26.5lbs so far -only about another 3-4lbs to go to target. It's getting harder to stay focused - but I find best thing to do is to make sure you have the right foods in so u can make the right choices - I've taken longer to loose this time round but I'm not as super strict as I usually am and it's becoming a lifestyle rather than a diet so hopefully it won't go back on again as before. I also find if I have over indulged then a workout/walk/run helps to compensate and limit the damage

It helps so much to hear it's not just me who finds it hard! Well done to everyone who's doing it :)
My weigh-in day is Monday and I chose that on purpose because it's on my mind at weekends. Booked this week off as hol though following holiday last week.
Been sticking to plan, I'm vegetarian so can only do green, even though I don't cook and eat the plainest and driest meals you've ever seen I still enjoy it, I'm never stuck for what to eat.
Tonight I was watching Big Brother and all I could think about seriously for an hour was chocolate. I have little choccy snack bars as my Syns and went to get one from kitchen even though I've had my Syns for the day. SERIOUS willpower to put it back in the kitchen, I had some grapes instead :)
I've stopped staying to the group part too but must get back into it as I'm sure it helps spur us on.
I have lost 14.5 pounds and my target is another stone - hoping to achieve this for October.
I know I will have put on from my holiday but hoping by next Monday it won't be so bad and I'll run at the weekend.
Got another weekend of social things though - meal out Friday with boyf's family, lunch with friend who's visiting on Sat, BBQ Sat night. Aaaaggghggrr!

P.S Seriously impressed with level of willpower to resist the Doritos!

It's great to hear that you are all staying focused. I have had a good start to the week too, been really good since Sunday after a Friday/Saturday blip. I'm only on week 2 of slimming world. I lost 4lbs in my first week. I go on holiday in 3 weeks time. I did slimming world about 13 years ago and loved it. In those days it was just red and green plan and I am a bit confused with the extra easy plan as it seems you just eat anything- I joined online as there are no groups near me now. I can't really get my head around the extra easy option at all. Been doing mostly green so far but giving the extra easy a try this week. X

I have 10 weeks before I go on holiday and I'm trying really really hard to loose some excess baby weight I never shifted.I'm just watching what I eat and cutting the rubbish. Anyway its only been 3 days and I don't feel starved or hungry, see how it goes. Well done ladies on all your willpower. And I'm also impressed at resisting Doritos...they are my fav!! Lol xxx

After some very tough weeks I went onto green / red days which I think are amazing!!!

Proof is in the pudding as I had 2 off this week!

The hard work is paying off!

Salzgirlie xx

:p

Majorly fallen off the wagon! Uh oh... I think I'm going to be working out extra hard this week!

Latest posts

Back