Help-hair extensions snapping and shedding!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer27

Reaction score
Hi I am a relatively new to fitting hair extensions (12 months experience) and recently fitted a braided sewn in weft on a client, she absolutely loved it but 3 weeks after fitting she contacted me to complain about the quality of the hair. I went to see her today to check and the hair is awful! Its snapping, shedding and just generally looks terrible, I'm so upset. I contacted my supplier to complain but they have said that they do not take responsibility and that I will need to lodge a formal complaint with them and send the hair back so they can send it off to the manufacturer but this could take up 8 weeks! The hair I used is Remy Goddess Silky #613, I have used this hair many times before and I also wear it and have never experienced an issue although my hair is #1b so I understand that the quality for lighter hair is never as good, I'm left feeling really frustrated. I have arranged to take out the hair and re-fit it free of charge tomorrow, which is now costing me the price of more hair. Any advice would be massively appreciated if anyone has been in this situation or something similar? :sad: Thank you xx

hi who is your supplier?

after 3 weeks and this happening, what most problems seem to be down to bad aftercare. what shampoo did she use? has it droed it out? has she coloured it? or used excessive straightening or curling?

did you ask her to sign a disclaimer and issue aftercare instructions?

sorry for the list of questions. but most suppliers will not have liability if the aftercare pack was not purchased and used from them

xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

hi who is your supplier?

after 3 weeks and this happening, what most problems seem to be down to bad aftercare. what shampoo did she use? has it droed it out? has she coloured it? or used excessive straightening or curling?

did you ask her to sign a disclaimer and issue aftercare instructions?

sorry for the list of questions. but most suppliers will not have liability if the aftercare pack was not purchased and used from them

xx

Hi, the hair I use is Sensationnel Remy Goddess Silky. I got her to sign a disclaimer and went through aftercare and maintenance thoroughly and gave her a sheet which she also signed to say she had read although this was not a form sent specifically from my supplier, im not sure if they provide one? Is this usually the case? She's actually a hairdresser herself and so is pretty clued up on hair care etc. The hair has not been dyed or over styled. She gets her hair done in her salon twice a week and they have been careful to look after it. You can tell its just the hair quality which is causing the issues, its snapping as though its been over treated. I've been doing some detective work and my cousin also uses this brand in exactly the same colour and has never experienced an issue?? Its a strange one really and an expensive one on my behalf :( Sigh. xx

hey hunni.

first thing is dont stress, things happen outwith your control. i havent heard of that brand or supplier so i cant comment on them. i use sjk. and studio58 have a great reputation too.

i think legally its going to be hard to prove the hair was faulty after 3 weeks. if it was overtreated by the supplier, surely she would have noticed snappage etc sooner?

i dont know what else to say hun, other than i dont think id be refitting or providing the hair for free. i think if you'd been notified sooner then it would be different xx

Things that really grate on me are clients who are hairdressers there self, who insist they know how to care for extensions. Caring for your own hair and then for extensions is totally different subject. Using the correct products are VITAL, High street products are too heavy to allow the cuticle to seal correctly on the hair which may result in the hair extensions looking matted and dry.

Don't most places have like a 14 day guarantee if the customer is unhappy with the service? And yeah, it could be down to many things if people don't follow the proper aftercare routine then of course they're going to get crappy.

I had ****ty hair extensions in and I realised after two washes that they were getting abit ****ty, if they weren't good then she would of realised in atleast 2 weeks. Three weeks is too long to suddenly decide that they're bad quality.
It sounds like she's not using the proper hair care, she must be using products with sulphate in them explains why they're getting dry and snapping.
I honestly would tell her you cannot do anything.

Don't stress about it Hun, I always tell my clients if you look after your extensions they'll look after you. Good luck Xx

Latest posts

Back