Help Hair Too Dark

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshfloss

Reaction score
Hi,
I had my hair coloured 4 weeks ago, it turned out too dark, even the hairdresser said it had taken darker than he expected.
So I have been washing it with head & shoulders was told that that strips colour away, it has lightened it a bit, went back to salon yesterday to have it redone, but they would not do it as I did not have enough regrowth to do more high lights to make it blonder looking, the underneath is very dark brown, almost purple. She said they could strip the colour but I still need more root showing as the treament they use cannot touch the scalp.
Please can anyone tell me what the process is and my hair is waist length.
I am not a hair geek, very obvious.............any words of wisdom will be appreciated.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

they will likely use a colour stripper, also known as a reducer. . it removes artificial colour and is less damaging than a bleach bath. . it aint meant to go on skin and it isnt meant to touch uncoloured hair either as it can change that too. . once it has been stripped it can then be recoloured to a lighter shade. . highlights will also come out better if the colour has been stripped a little first. . x

Have you heard of Nexxus - I have used it before and it even gets the green out (when blonde hair and chlorine have reacted). It seems to lighten the hair but as it works like a "stripper" and is quite strong it makes the hair quite rough and hard to comb.

If you have waist long hair you dont really want to risk ruining it or drying it out too much with different products as it could then be too damaged for the next colour and even break...

I know its tough but its probably the safest option to leave your hair for a few weeks till your hairdresser can put a new colour on.:hug:

Hi,
Thank you for the replies, I have re booked in the salon for 3 weeks time.
Keeping it well well condtioned ready for the color strip.
I rarely use my dryer..........I try to be kind to my hair, with it being so long. I will report back when it has been done.
I feel better now knowing what process they will use on my hair.
Thanks
Lotsa luv x :hug:

Latest posts

Back