Help having few L&P problems!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutiecuticles

Reaction score
Hi im fairly newly qualified and i use Creative L&P, i love their Radical French tips, but they look crap when i use them! Im cutting out the well area and blending and then apply but i seem to see lots of the clients own white free edge aswell as the tip when applied? Am i cutting too much out? But if i dont then the smile line looks really crap and not deep at all?!! What do i do?

Also: How do i make them gorgeous walnut shaped nails?? They look soo nice! Why dont they make different shaped tip cutters??!!

Vicci xx:confused:

sorry, i dont use radical tips. are they clear/natural. if so then thats perfectly fine to see the free edge through them. are you using pink and white powder? if so then try moving your smile line down just 1-2 m so that it covers the free edge, then you should only be able to see it when the nail has grown (usually 2-3 weeks), then its a rebalance.

cutiecuticles said:
Hi im fairly newly qualified and i use Creative L&P, i love their Radical French tips, but they look crap when i use them! Im cutting out the well area and blending and then apply but i seem to see lots of the clients own white free edge aswell as the tip when applied? Am i cutting too much out? Yes! Or you could jusst shorten their natural free edge
But if i dont then the smile line looks really crap and not deep at all?!! What do i do? Are you sure your clients really want a deep smile line, I prefer a more natural curve

Also: How do i make them gorgeous walnut shaped nails?? They look soo nice! Why dont they make different shaped tip cutters??!! Practice makes perfect with your filing the into the corect shape! Mind you I don't know what you mean by walnut shape! Do you mean almond?

Vicci xx:confused:

HTH hun

Ha yeah i meant almond! God im rubbish at remembering things! think ive got memory problems!
When i did my CND training i was told my smiles werent deep enough, my clewints dont mind but then they dont really know much diff do they!
The tips are white so i try to cheat and not use pibnk and white! Naughty! What are the best tips for you?

I use varous makes of tips - Creative, LCn and The Tip Company.

hi its easy to try and shape the tip you get the desired effect.. but what you should be doing is using the creative radical french tips (the white ones) to give you a good base and then shape - elongate and creative beautiful smile lines using your L&P. It takes practice... but one you get the hang of it.. you'll start loving your own work and so will your clients.

Hi, When I use French radical white tips...I reduce the contact area by cutting a deep/ish smile line it it with curved scissors......then apply. No need to blend just remove the shine as you don't want to spoil that crisp smile you have created......then apply your forever French overlay covering the white tip with your white L&P but the smile is easy as it is already there!! just follow it. then zone 2*3 as normal.....

If I want a nice almond shape I don't use tip cutters but large toenail clippers and cut in from one side in a diagonal...then the other......then I just need to soften/round it off with my file...much less filing which I hate!!!

izzidoll said:
If I want a nice almond shape I don't use tip cutters but large toenail clippers and cut in from one side in a diagonal...then the other......then I just need to soften/round it off with my file...much less filing which I hate!!!

Izzy, whilst you're on this thread, would you mind telling us how to cut tips with clippers for each shape please? For example, how far up the side do you go before you cut and how far in do you cut? Hope I've made myself clear. xxx

Thanks for the advice guys makes more sense to me!
xx

Kimmi Rocks said:
Izzy, whilst you're on this thread, would you mind telling us how to cut tips with clippers for each shape please? For example, how far up the side do you go before you cut and how far in do you cut? Hope I've made myself clear. xxx

Sorry Kimmi, I didn't notice your post yesterday......Gosh how do I describe this...really how far up depends on how long the client wants her nails.....and I cut half on one side the angle depending on how pointed the client wants her nails....and the same on the other side...not quite meeting then twist off....it looks like a bishops hat (is that a MITRE?)........possibly this is more a stiletto shape initially but then your file will round it off to whatever your client wants......anything is better than filing a square cut tip into an oval shape...
If the client is just wanting them round as opposed to oval I would still use the clippers but with less of an angle......

HTH....if only I could talk in pictures........:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back