Help help help-college asssignment!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovethesun

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask those of you in the hair industry what factors did you take into consideration when you to made your first expensive purchase of scissors? why did you choose the pair that you did? A friend of mine has to do a college assignment on this and doesn't know where to start so your help would be much appreciated! xx

Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask those of you in the hair industry what factors did you take into consideration when you to made your first expensive purchase of scissors? why did you choose the pair that you did? A friend of mine has to do a college assignment on this and doesn't know where to start so your help would be much appreciated! xx

i think were not allowed to give help with assisgments...the question doesnt seem hard either just pick out the advantages and disadvantages guess thats all i can say really dont want to get in trouble

x

Just to clarify, she isn't on a hairdressing course but a design course! The assignment is to produce an advert for a pair of scissors, so what she wants to know is which features and benefits should be emphasised in the ad? That's why I wanted to ask which features were important to hairdressers themselves?x

Comfort to use , how long they last , weight , shape how the perform compared to others , value for money , are they the best type for the Job ect ,

there are heaps of other things I could add but it wouldnt be any use
as its all about hairdressing scissors ,

plus as pretty in pink said
it may be look like we were doing your home work / research for you
and it may not be allowed :)

must admit though ,
looking at it ,
it did come across like a hairdessing assignment question :)

Comfort to use , how long they last , weight , shape how the perform compared to others , value for money , are they the best type for the Job ect ,

there are heaps of other things I could add but it wouldnt be any use
as its all about hairdressing scissors ,

plus as pretty in pink said
it may be look like we were doing your home work / research for you
and it may not be allowed :)

must admit though ,
looking at it ,
it did come across like a hairdessing assignment question :)

i agree with minky,sorry i didnt reply before i had to be somewhere :) i think every hairdresser looks for all them things when choosing a pair of scissors,and it did come across as a hairdressing assignment questions thats why i replied with what i did on the 1st reply

x

It is a home work question just not for hairdressing,
its for a design course, so still home work lol :smack:

Ok, I'll get you more about the assignment, hopefully this will convince you its NOT a hairdressing assignment...she has been given a brief from a company who manufacture hairdressing scissors and she has to create an A3/A4 advert aimed at trainees in colleges and people visitng trade shows. That's why I wanted to know which features were important to you guys as these can be emphasised more in the ad. Thanks for your suggestions so far. Can anyone add anything? Thanks xx

enough said i think, sorry.

Hey there!

I would say the maint hings you're looking for are:

1. Comfort in the hand
2. Personal choice relating to the size of the blade/size of the scissors
3. Whether you prefer straight or offset

When you're looking at costs, the more expensive the scissor generally means the quality of the metal is better, not neccessarily the sharpness of the blade. They will also more likely be hand crafted. The longevity of the scissor will be better if they are more expensive because naturally you'll want to look after them better!

There are so many brands around you really need to find what suits you best but don't compensate cheapness for quality scissors...!

MHD x

Latest posts

Back