Help, how to apologise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissylou

Reaction score
Gutted I phoned up last week to order my extractor fan when I was told they had plenty of stock. I have a party booked in Thursday which has been booked in for months but I have only just been able to confirm. Just checked my emails to be now told extractor fan isn't coming. Omg will now have to cancel party. It's for a wedding aswel. Dreading this phone call and repercussions.what should I say and how can I apologise I surely can't go ahead as there are at least 10 and would be terrified of the overspray. :(((( I could cry. Not to mention all the extra solutions I had to buy. X

Can you not use a dehumidifier to suck in the excess solution or find somewhere you can purchase in person? I know a dehumidifier isn't the best answer but it does draw air in and filter it xoxo

Can you order from a different company?

Can you not order from somewhere else, mine is form suntana its great :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I do have an air filter for allergies etc. not sure if it would be powerfull enough. It was Suntana I ordered off lyn :(. They said they had loads of stock ordered on Friday but got email today saying out of stock. If there was somewhere I could just go and buy one I would. I don't want to let her down. Dreading the phone call x

Is there someone you could borrow one from?

I don't know anyone to borrow one off. To be honest I would willingly pass the client on to someone who could do it instead as I so don't want to let her down. I haven't slept a wink worrying. Not really got much time neither as I will have to phone her this morning. X

I think you need to try harder to resolve this. You should only cancel as a last resort.

Problems always occur, you just have to find solutions.

Why can't you buy from another company?
If I really couldn't find another one to buy I'd be ringing round other spray tan places to see if I could hire one.

I've just looked on the guild of therapist classified section and found an advert for a salon that's closing down. They have one for sale.

Have you checked on preloved? Gumtree?

You will keep coming across problems in your business, you need to keep solving them. Giving the business away each time is not the solution.

You don't know how many more parties / tans you'll get from this. How much are you potentially losing?

One of my clients has bought me loads of new people over 5 years. If I added all their spending it'd be in the thousands.

Is that lady in this party...?

Good luck. Don't cancel. You can do it!!!!

The party is tomorrow. I don't know if normal tanning suppliers sell them where I can just pick one up. My dilemma is try to find one at short notice or give her a days notice. I could order one and it still not arrive in time. Thinking of all possible solutions like taxi ing party to my house to do the tanning. Any suggestions of beauty suppliers which have them on shelves to buy pls let me know. I have looked on hss hire thinking there may be something industrial but can't see anything. :(

Have you searched on tanning suppliers to see how far they are from you? Then rung to see if you can pick one up?

If you explained the situation I'm sure they'd be happy for you to pick one up?

This is really poor to cancel last minute. You should at least ring round and find someone else who can do it and give that number to the bride.

Sorry she isn't the bride. Not that that makes it any better. I only read my email last night at 11 o'clock with the bad news so waiting for things to open. That's the thing I don't want to cancel but if I didn't manage to sort it today it's cancelling last min. Thank you for your advice. My business means a lot to me and so does my reputation and customers so of course I will try my best to resolve this. I will phone her and be honest.

If you are honest with them they will appreciate it.
But maybe offer to do it at your home. Or ask other local tanners via Facebook if they want to share the party (as long as they have an extractor fan)
Any one local who has one and is available should jump at the chance x
Good luck xx

Thank you everyone I will have to be honest with her. Of course I will phone some local tanners if they would like the business. Suppliers aren't open till after 9 which doesn't help x

To be honest I think that if you gun is set correctly and you have a window/door open you would be fine to go ahead and do the group without an extractor.

I would not let them down, I would just go and do it.

To be honest I must admit I only use 50mls and haven't noticed overspray for a long time so that's good. Waiting for 9 o'clock to phone around !!

Im sure if you just say to her, im really sorry but my supplier has ran out of stock last minute and i dont feel comfortable doing at ur home, would your party mind coming here? Maybe offer a few quid discount for there next appointment for inconvenience say? Just explain you dont want tons of overspray in her house wereas u dont mind it at urs, like the others have said just be honest with her, they will more than likely b happy to come to you if it means you still doing it, maybe go and get a cheap bottle of plonk and a few nibbles for them, keep em sweet :-D xx

Lots of great suggestions :)

Or you could always offer to do half the party, and possibly other half at your house? Another date?

Good luck

Latest posts

Back