Help! How to politely say No to ordering for non qualified Nail Tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*aan*

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a friend on Facebook who I deleted a while ago as she was starting to paint nails (attempting I should say) and I could see she had ordered lamp and bits off ebay so I deleted her as she was annoying me as quite clearly a messer and I didn't want to see her posts, well shes added me again and messaged me asking where I buy my shellac.

I explained about sweetsquared told her aboutemailing your certificate and also told her about ellisons. I said I do not buy off ebay because of fakes etc..

So she emailed back saying I don't have a man and ped cert as I do not start until September . So I replied telling her to take her time and do her course and then go to Bournemouth and do the Shellac course

So she has now asked if she gives me the money will I order her 4 things?

How much on that not including the real lamp.

I do not want to get involved with her at all. I've only met her once when i brought something off her from a selling page.

She asked to swap services back then as she has done hair and I was almost going to let her do my hair until she said it would be fine to go brown over my blonde but I knew from past experience that I had to go red first.

So anyway how can I very politely say No im worried of saying the wrong thing and her slating me. Jeez I hate Facebook I wouldn't even be on there if I didn't get 80% of my clients from there.

you could say that if your suppliers found out you were doing that they would cut off your account. or else you could just say 'no ,sorry 'and leave it at that.

Could you not say you have already put in a major order already and it included some of the things she wanted so they will question why u are buying them again and that they have a strict policy on buying for untrained therapist n that If you were to get found out they could cancel your account .

Or just tell her straight no get em yourself when your fully qualified instead of ruining qualified therapists reputation by doing a shoddy job for silly cheap prices!!

Hth kinda lol
Xx

Don't say anything, just delete and block her, it's not like she is a "real" friend, she is just a person you bought something from once off of FaceBook.

If you feel you really have to give her an answer then do as rinn neimhe has suggested, as it's true! If you did get these items for her and your supplier found out, then thats your business down the loo as they will just no longer supplie you.

Sam xx

Ok I've replied saying "No im Sorry they have very strict policy's on buying for the untrained therapists If they found out they would close my account"...

Now im pooping myself for the backlash. Im too nervous to delete and block her as she has 769 friends and a lot of them are mutual friends eek.

God when will I grow up and grow some balls :( Wish their was a medicine you could take to give you backbone and confidence ;)

Ok I've replied saying "No im Sorry they have very strict policy's on buying for the untrained therapists If they found out they would close my account"...

Now im pooping myself for the backlash. Im too nervous to delete and block her as she has 769 friends and a lot of them are mutual friends eek.

God when will I grow up and grow some balls :( Wish their was a medicine you could take to give you backbone and confidence ;)

there is . it's called experience. :D

I think you've done the right thing :)

I can hand on heart say being a true professional will prevail in such circumstances. I have been in your situation and I have to say I got more respect of fellow nail techs and customers, for not doing it.

Keep us posted anyhow :)

there is . it's called experience. :D

love it!! I have a while yet then... :0)

Thanks GorgeousAli xx

Oh I take that back. She has replied saying... "K Thanks anyway"

and... Breathhhhh cuppa next calm my nerves!

I got asked by a girl face to face if I would sell Shellac to her! I was so shocked at first I stuttered and started and went bright red and just said sorry it's professional only and I can't buy it in for retail and she said go on I'm sure you can and I said sorry ill lose my account! Then just walked off. I was mortified she had the cheek to ask me!

Sweet Squared are not silly. They know my spending habits and if my, orders suddenly went up, buying in copious amounts of Shellac and lamps they would boot me out straight away and rightly so.

I now have a message on my Facebook info that says "please do not ask me to buy in proffessional products for non professional use. I will not risk my trade account to supply to non professionals. I have spent many years and £ on my training for the privilege of using such products. Thank you for your understanding" hopefully people will read and those that would have asked wont bother and other clients will see I take my profession seriously

You did really well standing up to this "friend" but I reckon you should just block her now"

E x

Just thought I'd add to this. I had a lady come in the other day. She has never been to my salon before and just randomly walked in to ask us "a cheeky favour" as she put it. Apparently she was off to Portugal for 3 months and the lady that did her nails over there has stopped doing it. So she has taught herself and came in asking for some "liquid Acrylic", it took me a while to get to what she actually wanted. It turned out she wanted me to GIVE her some liquid but not powder (although she couldn't remember what powder she'd managed to get hold of, and wish now I'd asked where she got it) to do her own nails. I did say no so then she offered to pay me and I still politely said that I couldn't give any to anyone not qualified as it would be irresponsible and if she was qualified we have an Alan Howard 5 miles up the road. She eventually understood that we weren't giving in and said she would try somewhere else. I hope everyone had the sense to say no too. I would have been annoyed I think, if I hadn't been so shocked.

Latest posts

Back