Help!!!! I forgot to remove the shine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancynails

Reaction score
:cry: I´m soooo angry on my self now!!! When I did the prep I forgott to remove the shine!!!! I´ve never miss that!!! :irked: What too do??
Í had one client, when 2 girls come in and asked me too do ther naila too and I said OK but it will take a while.... And they stayed, but on the last girl I was soooo thired so I totally missed to remove the shine before I skrubbed whit skrubfresh and then liquid bond ect. When I had finish gloss in my hand (at last) It just came over me!!
I forgott too remove the shine!!!!
What too do???????:mad:

Oh dear! At least you have realised your mistake:)
To be honest the client will start to see her nails 'lifting' because the product will just slide off. If you have her number I would suggest that you contact her ASAP and arrange to redo her nails free of charge as a goodwill gesture. (That way there is a good chance she will come back to you for repeat visits). Good luck!

:cry: But I don´t have her phonenumber... So I hope she phone me. You think I have to take everything off??
I´ve never done a BIGGGGGG misstake before:grr: So I dont know how to fix it again....

Do you use client record cards? They are used to keep all your clients details like telephone number and address and your own comments on natural nail health, and what you recommend for the client.

Maybe do a search on here for client record cards and see what you find, if you dont use these already, maybe try them out to prevent things like this happening again, so you have details to hand if you ever need them :hug:

:cry: But I don´t have her phonenumber..
If you filled out your client record cards fully then you would have her number... end of problem!!!

i wouldnt call her (if you had the number) as long as your prep and application was good hopefully the lift wont be too major..at least if she does call to complain you can be sure of the cause..hopefully she will call to rebook,then any problems you can sort for her..i personally wouldnt confess that it was my fault..but i wouldnt charge extra for any repairs if she returns.
everyone learns a lesson through mistakes..i'm sure you will always remember this one! x

What a nightmare ! Two lessons learned in one go,proper prep and completing a record card.

You may be lucky,if the clients nails were dehydrated and you used a primer it may be the case that they are just fine.

I have never personally tried it but i know there are geeks who have not removed the shine in the past when the above has been satisfactory.Hth

I´ve never done a BIGGGGGG misstake before:grr: So I dont know how to fix it again....

Hi if i have read this right-are u worried about not beig able to fix the lifting?or removing the nails?
Did u not cover this in your Creative training?it says u use creative products in your profile.
Otherwise what would u do normally when it comes to rebalance/infill time?
Sorry if i read that totally wrong:green:

Oh dear! At least you have realised your mistake:)
To be honest the client will start to see her nails 'lifting' because the product will just slide off. If you have her number I would suggest that you contact her ASAP and arrange to redo her nails free of charge as a goodwill gesture. (That way there is a good chance she will come back to you for repeat visits). Good luck!
I see no reason to call her, you would only make her panic, if you followed the rest of prep properly, then chances are the lifting will be minimal and something you could deal with easily enough on a rebalance, but you really should keep a record card for your insurance purposes.

Let me put your mind at rest. When we remove the shine we are not etching the nail to create a rough surface, we are literally removing the shine so it's a nice clean and oil free surface to work on. If the rest of your prep was fine and you scrubfreshed well then you really should have no problem asa good scrubfresh does the job just as well.

Let me put your mind at rest. When we remove the shine we are not etching the nail to create a rough surface, we are literally removing the shine so it's a nice clean and oil free surface to work on. If the rest of your prep was fine and you scrubfreshed well then you really should have no problem asa good scrubfresh does the job just as well.
Sorry if I am being dense, but why do we remove the shine then ?:confused:

Sorry if I am being dense, but why do we remove the shine then ?:confused:

It's just an additional method to make sure the nail is prepped fully, but unless the nails are really shiny then it isn't always necessary. Just one of those things that is probably best to do on all clients to be on the safe side. The only thing that would cause problems in this case would be if the shine wasn't removed off the tip, because gel dos not like ultra smooth surfaces and would not bond at all and so lift would be almost immediate. HTH

its like when you sand down your skirting boards before you re-paint them!

This is exactly what I was told in my CND training when I mentioned I had forgotten to remove the shine a few times....and it made no difference to the nails, they didnt lift as the Prep was obviously ok.

I think a lot of insurance companies require you to keep record cards of your clients to validate your insurance. I would check your paperwork just in case.

:lol: Hi Again...
I always use record caards, but she didn´t fill in her phonenumber..... So I only have her adress and she´s got secret number :eek:

And I have done my Creative training so I can fix lift (usally dosn´t have any....)
And the prep....
I use nailfresh on evert client, know that I don´t have to, but I don´t have any lift If I do, and I SKRUBB whit skrubfresh before that I always use cuticuleremover and I put alot work in my prep becurse I got fungus when I went to my naildesigner and I don´t wan´t anywan else too get it.
I just want to know if I´m going to remove all gel and do it from the begining or just remove the lift and do a infill....

Fancynail
Creative brisa gel, manikyr and nailart
Hairextensions So Cap

You will only need to remove lift, if in fact there is any, in fact I'll be interested to know if there is.

Hi!
I run in too her today, and she didn´t have any lift:wink2: And she booked a new appointment for next week.

But I don´t think I´m going to forgett to remove the shine again:grr: (Next time I forgett liquid bond :Scared: )

Glad to hear it was ok in the end:)

Just goes to show how fab this product is! Glad it turned out well for you.

Latest posts

Back