Help I'm stuck with my website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Please help someone. I have bought my domain with 123 reg and my host is 1&1. I have created my site with the 1&1 website builder but when it says do you want to send your website online, and i save the changes, when i go to check my website it takes me here Domain name registration & web hosting from 123-reg how can i marry up the pair. obvsiouly i have misssed out some information somewhere but just havent got a clue where. looking for some geeky advice. thanks x

You need to update DNS settings for your domain with 123-reg to point to the web server at 1and1.

To do that, you will need to find out the IP address of the server at 1and1 that is hosting your website, and then enter that into the boxes on the DNS page on 123-reg.

Ruth, even though sometimes it is gobbledeegook:), you definitley are a premium geek! thanks very much, I have contacted 1&1 and found how to point my domain, or something like that! lol, no doubt if it doesnt work I will be back with more questions lol

Just wanted to say your knowledge is very much appreciated.

T H A N K Y O U :hug:

Ruth, even though sometimes it is gobbledeegook:), you definitley are a premium geek! thanks very much, I have contacted 1&1 and found how to point my domain, or something like that! lol, no doubt if it doesnt work I will be back with more questions lol

Just wanted to say your knowledge is very much appreciated.

T H A N K Y O U :hug:

That's OK, it's a pleasure - glad I was able to help you :hug:

Latest posts

Back