help,in swelling up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lise

Reaction score
all hair geeks,iv just had my hair done the usual 3 colours by goldwell same lady same procedure iv had for years,been home an hour the back of my neck is swelling,itchy and iv had lil scratch n now weeping,is there something i can do to relieve it,like quickly,shall i wash it,iv taken anti allergy tabs advice plz

all hair geeks,iv just had my hair done the usual 3 colours by goldwell same lady same procedure iv had for years,been home an hour the back of my neck is swelling,itchy and iv had lil scratch n now weeping,is there something i can do to relieve it,like quickly,shall i wash it,iv taken anti allergy tabs advice plz

You need medical advice go to your A and E especially if it starts swelling anywhere,

but you really need to talk to a doctor , ring the doctors surgery ,

also if it is only in one place and you think it hasnt been washed off properly , then you could rinse it all well again in warm tepid water ,

also get someone else to ask the lady who did your hair , to look at the goldwell pack to see what it suggests you do as it should have a helpline procedure , but first things first first
dont panic you have taken a an anti allergy tab , so thats good :)
but do seek medical advice and speak to a doctor :hug: let us know what doctor says ,

Dont panic.

An anti hystamine tablet should take the edge off.

Apply a cold compress to the area and get to the docs or hospital. They will prescribe a shampoo/lotion and it treats the swelling/weeping.

My brother took an allergy to wella once after I coloured his hair (I know a skin test is a must but I didnt bother, goes to show why they should be done often). His face was totally swollen but anti hystamine and the shampoo/lotion got him sorted.

Also contact the salon on to make them aware of what has happened. You may of developed an allergy to the colour.

x

well as the minutes are ticking im itching an swelling in the dark colour areas are bleach parts are fine at mo,but am now throbbing with cool pack on neck i want to claw my scalp to bits my doc cant fit me in till next week and got client on her way for nails,she might have a shock,feel like in turning into bubble face got a bad feeling bout this,like trip to a&e i need mittens lol gotta laugh or i will panic

hi, noooo , dont panic :hug: as you have taken an anti allergy tablet so that is very good :) and this will help,
but do ring the GP or even NHS Direct. Dial 0845 4647 :hug: minky

well as the minutes are ticking im itching an swelling in the dark colour areas are bleach parts are fine at mo,but am now throbbing with cool pack on neck i want to claw my scalp to bits my doc cant fit me in till next week and got client on her way for nails,she might have a shock,feel like in turning into bubble face got a bad feeling bout this,like trip to a&e i need mittens lol gotta laugh or i will panic

I think the anti allergy tablets will take the edge off but if it is swelling rapidly
you need to ring your GP back up again or get someone to drive you to
A & E
also if you are on your own and its getting worse please make someone close by aware of whats happening
:hug: x minky

Hello lise how you getting on :hug: minky ?

thanx i try not t panic iv just cancelled my client she not happy but i chat to her bit ltr n offer her something nice,im waiting for my girl to come home an im gonna take it from there,im itching all over now and weeping cant turn my neck,wont be driving,this is awful,should change my name to lise lumpy head

minky im just waiting for my girl to get home from after school club cold compress helps alot but as soon as i take it off feels like burning now and thumping head def going hosp my boyfreind coming home early not feeling good at all iv got a hard lump come up just passed my ear may be lymph node,this is too rapid for what i like but should make hosp within nxt half hour

thanx i try not t panic iv just cancelled my client she not happy but i chat to her bit ltr n offer her something nice,im waiting for my girl to come home an im gonna take it from there,im itching all over now and weeping cant turn my neck,wont be driving,this is awful,should change my name to lise lumpy head

Hi, lise get someone to help you out with your Daughter :hug: and go up to A & E and if you cannot drive then simply ring an ambulance
thats what they are there for hun ,

the reason why I am telling you to go to A & E is because they have much better medicine to stop any shock or swelling ,

you must make someone close by
aware of whats happening , just in case :hug: x minky

does anyone know , friend relative ?

I have private messaged you :hug: x minky

Lise :hug: hun dont wait please ring an ambulance they have special meds on board , do it now ! :hug: x minky

yea totally agree my girl home just run cab my boyfriend meeting me at hosp been sick that could be tab,i let u no how it goes when i get back,thanx for help

Have you rang an ambulance yet lise :hug: ?

if you havent do so right now

as they have special meds on board to treat you way before you get to the hospital to help stop what is happening , lise please do this now for us geeks :hug:

How you doin :hug: lise ?

Assume she has rightly gone to A&E and we will hear back in due course. :(

Hi Lise, hope your ok, thinking about you.:hug:

Hi Lise

Hope you are ok!

I have had this happen, have had same colour for years then all of a sudden I developed an allergy to it.

I have really bad allergies anyway to loads of things but hair colour had never been one of them (alcohol is tho :irked:) You need to get it sorted in hospital its not something that taking a anti histamine will fully sort tho it prob eased it a little for you.

I am hoping you have gone to hospital to get it checked out as you will probably some other meds to stop the reaction)

Hoping your ok, and get well soon

Deb
xxxxx
:hug:

to my grand geeks,well yesturday if anyone read what happened im pleased to say im home,didnt wait for cab as my throat was swelling and i couldnt swollow so ambulance came within 5 minutes and thay gave me injection and oxygen which worked very quick,had to stay in over night because my face shape was still swelling,im now at home very drowsy but relieved,i now have to take 6 steroids a day,antibiotics,and antihistimies,just want to say a huge thank you to salon geek,i was on my own and having this help me get thro it,big big thank you to minky,it felt like she was talking me thro it,an im sooo grateful xxx

Glad your okay!! xxx

Glad all is ok, take it easy. :hug:

Latest posts

Back