help,in swelling up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to my grand geeks,well yesturday if anyone read what happened im pleased to say im home,didnt wait for cab as my throat was swelling and i couldnt swollow so ambulance came within 5 minutes and thay gave me injection and oxygen which worked very quick,had to stay in over night because my face shape was still swelling,im now at home very drowsy but relieved,i now have to take 6 steroids a day,antibiotics,and antihistimies,just want to say a huge thank you to salon geek,i was on my own and having this help me get thro it,big big thank you to minky,it felt like she was talking me thro it,an im sooo grateful xxx

Hi Lise, I have just let out a huge sigh of relief , you don't know how happy that little blue smiley face has made me today and to see it pop back up again today on here again has made my day,
Ill be smiling all day now :biggrin:
lots of geeks on here have been worrying about you too, they all viewed your post and popped back in again in to see you were ok
what an awful and scary experience for you to have gone through,
but ... I am so glad you are home and feeling a bit better :hug: and I'm so glad you called the ambulance , it just goes to show how rapidly allergic reactions can progress ,

in all my years of hairdressing I have never witnessed a full on major allergic reaction until yesterday on here,
I have seen mild ones and pictures to make me aware , but you Lise were the first real major one I have ever encountered :eek:

just goes to show you that even after having the same colour for ages you can just suddenly become allergic to it without warning.... so a colour test is always a must.

Lise please just dont change that litttle blue smiley face avatar just yet as I love seeing it pop back up again, I am so very happy that you are ok
and I hope the swelling goes down soon :hug: x minky

Keep us posted :) x minky

the support i got was fantastic,im pleased minky can breath now lol we dont want another geek in hosp,im glad to be home in my p.js all day,im still itchy and weeping but im on the meds now so it should all be good,i cant believe how quick the reaction was and it looks like iv been hit by a bus lol,well iv still got my sense of humour so its onwards n upwards

Well I can only say a heart felt phew , glad your home and that you got to the hospital ok xx

thank goodness for this. i was worrying too (and worrying about minky cos u were getting really panicked)

enjoy your time out xxxx

:hug:hi everyone,i thought id let you know the progress of my swelling and have to say its very slow even tho im taking my meds,i woke up this morning and can only open my eyes just a bit and vision is slightly blurred,today i have two black eyes and very swollen,feeling bit low because am now wondering what tomorrow will bring,i think the meds have slowed things down so if i didnt go to hosp all this could poss have came on all at once as it was very rapid and i would of prob still been in hosp,if anyone ever goes thro this plz go hosp straight away,i wouldnt wish this on my worse enemy,so im glad i followed minkys advice.xx

So glad you are ok hun

As I said in my previous post I have had similar thing happen, it will take a good few days to go down completely and you will feel really drained and tired this is normal down to the reaction in your body and the meds too.

Take it easy have a few days rest and I am sure you will be back on your feet in no time

Really pleased you listened to Minky's advice and got straight to hospital!!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Deb
:hug:
xxx

Well done Minky and I wish you a speedy recovery. :hug:

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. :green::hug::green:

have you thought about whether you're gonna contact the salon?

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Lx

OMG I hope she's ok! Hard to tell what it is. Could have been a coincidence and it happens to be something else other than a reaction to the hair color:( Will be praying she's ok.

...GLAD to hear you're ok!!! Take care:)

Last edited:
hi minky from an ex hairdresser well done for not letting go of this one x

hi minky from an ex hairdresser well done for not letting go of this one x

Hi wendy malley , thanks.... it was very worrying , but was so glad to hear our Lise was ok .... I think she gave us all a big scare that day :eek:
:hug: minky

Latest posts

Back