Help - Large Swollen Very Sore Spot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could suggest something anything to help, I've got a very sore very big and quite swollen spot :cry: I know it's my own fault cos I tried to squeeze when it wasn't ready :rolleyes: I've been using concealer to try to hide it but this thing's bigger than Mount Everast!!! and also very swollen which is the worst part!!
I've been dabbing Dettol onto it aswell as Tea Tree Oil but this doesn't seem to be bringing the swelling down, I'm not too bothered by the redness as this can be concealed it's just the swelling, it's quite noticable and i'm really concious about it :cry:
My mum suggested vinegar as my nan used to swear by this for lots of things :eek: ??

Thanks guys :hug:

HI its awful when things like this happen, if I had this problem, then I would just use a icecube to bring down swelling, then use antiseptic, not neat dettol though, diluted yes, hope it clears up soon :hug:

I know how feel huni , i have one on my ear at the top and its killing me!! The reason its swollen is because the white blood cells are fighting the infection that has caused the spot,so try not to play about with it and let it do its thing.(I know easier said than done!)

Like Tracy said, put an ice cube on it to take down the swelling and continue to put your tea tree on. With tea tree oil,most of the time the reason it is not effective is beacause there is minimal amount of tea tree oil in the product. If you notice on the bottle it will never tell you a percentage! So for the future contact australian body care and purchace some off them.Its the best tea tree oil you will find.
Sorry that was long,but hope it helps! xxx

i posted a thread on here about a big spot i had and many people told me to apply toothpaste on it over night so i did that and then applied savlon to it during the day.
im not sure if it speeded up the process but it made me feel better as i was trying to help it,lol.xx
good luck as sometimes they can really hurt aswell as being embarassing.x

Thanks guys, Yes it is diluted dettol :hug: although I was tempted to use it neat :smack:
I've just bought some Magnesium Sulphate Paste which is a drawing paste, should I use this cos i'm sure there's more in there that's why it's so hard n painfull??? I've also got some ice too!!!!

My vote is ice and an antiseptic e.g savlon. Good advise from all:hug:

i posted a thread on here about a big spot i had and many people told me to apply toothpaste on it over night so i did that and then applied savlon to it during the day.
im not sure if it speeded up the process but it made me feel better as i was trying to help it,lol.xx
good luck as sometimes they can really hurt aswell as being embarassing.x

actually ive used toothpaste on a coldsore before, when i was in hospital, and the cooling sensation of it was fab, it seemedto work really well for some bizzare reason, I looked a right idiot tho, but who cares i was really ill anyway:hug:

You could also apply lavender oil direct to the spot as this is not only anti septic but it has pain relieving properties too. Very soothing and smells lovely.

are you sure its not a cyst!i got a spot and it was very very swollen and sore. i went to the doctors, they said it wasnt a spot but was a cyst:eek: gave me some antibiotics and went down within a few days. maybe you should go to the docs :hug: xxx

Mmmmm not sure? na think it was a spot, a little one that wasn't quite ready but hubby couldn't resist :smack: It's gone down quite a bit but now it's got a little scab that looks crusty when I try to conceal it :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I applied germalene last night and covered it with a plaster then went to bed, mmmmm very attractive :lol::lol::lol:

I applied germalene last night and covered it with a plaster then went to bed, mmmmm very attractive :lol::lol::lol:

Going for the sexy look eh? :lol:

PMSL!!!! It's a good job we've been together 15yrs :lol:

actually ive used toothpaste on a coldsore before, when i was in hospital, and the cooling sensation of it was fab, it seemedto work really well for some bizzare reason, I looked a right idiot tho, but who cares i was really ill anyway:hug:
A client recommended this for when you feel a coldsore coming - make a thick paste of coffee and water and apply it. . .sounds weird but she says it's better than all those things you can buy at the chemist's.

A client recommended this for when you feel a coldsore coming - make a thick paste of coffee and water and apply it. . .sounds weird but she says it's better than all those things you can buy at the chemist's.

thx for the advice :), but i really cant stand the smell of coffee lol :hug:

Manuka oil is absolutely brilliant for dabbing on spots. Far more effective than Tea Tree oil. Tried and tested on a 16-year old.

Have to say here though that it can be quite drying so I apply it after using an appropriate moisturiser.

Good old TCP works every time! i swear by it:hug:

Latest posts

Back