Help male body massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If at any point you aren't comfortable with a client do one of two things:

1) Refuse to take the appointment.
2) If currently in a treatment, stop and explain you aren't comfortable in continuing the treatment and ask the client to dress and leave.

At no point do you have to explain yourself to the client, it is your choice who you do and don't treat.

Mat

thanks for all your replies he didnt ring to confirm so it was a bit hairy wondering if he was just gonna turn up and he didnt and i havent heard from him so am really happy about that one thanks again though

Yes, def the right thing to cancel. I do mobile work and have had so many phone calls from strange men. As a rule, I do not massage male clients unless they are by referral. This is obviously different when working from a treatment room, but you have to think about your own safety before anything else.

I found dodgy ones tend to start asking you lots of questions about how you massage and what you offer. :|

Never let anyone dictate the treatment to you. As many people have already said, always go with your instinct.

dont do it, as a male therapist i get a ton of really wierd communiations from blokes wanting a thrill, it makes yer skin crawl

be sensible and safe,I dont worry as I am probably physically stronger than most of my customers, Iwould not want to be a female therapist dealing with wierdo's

good luck

Unbelievable what some people can do.
I work from home (and I live alone!) so anything suspicious is a definite no-no. I may lose some genuine clients, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
The conversations usually go like that : do you do full body massage? (no, I only do back and shoulders) do you do intimate waxing then?
That just does not sound right to me.

Unbelievable what some people can do.
I work from home (and I live alone!) so anything suspicious is a definite no-no. I may lose some genuine clients, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
The conversations usually go like that : do you do full body massage? (no, I only do back and shoulders) do you do intimate waxing then?
That just does not sound right to me.

Hello there

I had a simular situation a few weeks back where a male phoned up asking what sort of treatments i offered for male clients, then he started asking all sorts of questions like will he be covered up in case anything happend and if i wore a uniform,

IMO you acted proffessionally like i did myself, I never got an appointment from this guy so there was no risk.

I also work in a hairdressers up above on my own, i am lucky as the salon owner is male and always let them know when I have male clients in.

If your in doubt then cancell the appointment make up some excuse if he is not a perv then he will understand.

sounds very fishy to me believe me you will get this all the time from men of that nature... sad boring lonely men in my opinion,

BUT not all men are like that I have some lovely male clients most of which are married.

you will know the one,s that are honest and decent, the ones to watch for are like this guy and the ones that ask to many damn questions.

good luck and let us know how things go.
feel free to pm me if you need to talk.

Latest posts

Back