Help! My beauty room gets too hot!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie g

Reaction score
Hi,
I have rented a beauty room for a year now from a hairdresser. The hairdressing salon has air con, but it is not linked to my room and in the summer I swear I could rent it out as a sauna.
With the hot weather rapidly approaching I need to get this sorted out and was wondering if any of you have any information on portable air con units. I do not have an external wall and really need advice.

Carrie

I have the same trouble with the heat so I know how uncomfortable it is! I do have external walls so have a portable air con unit, that I bought from homebase for about £200. Its great, but you do need to put the tube outside. Do you have a window? If so pop it through that. They do the job!

Is it noisy?

Nikki

Oh! no windows or external walls!! any other ideas?

Err...
What about a plug in free standing fan?(As long as its not pointing directly at you of course!)
or is that just way too basic? lol

You could have a ceiling fan as we do in our salon,or some of the portable air con units that dont need an external wall,a bit like a tumble dryer without the vent(condenser)hth.

Hi, you could see about getting a quote from an aircon company (it might be helpful to get a quote from the same company that supplied the aircon to the salon) to see if they can add a unit to your room. I don't think an outside wall is absolutely necessary as I think it can be ducted.

My experience of portable aircon units is that they are noisy, and they generally need to have a hose hanging out the window like Babs said.

Thank you. I have been chatting to clients all day about it and have now got the whole 'what not to buy' advice. I think you are right Zo Zo, thank you, just hope its not going to be too expensive, have my eye on a caci non surgical lift machine, may have to put that on hold...Boo!

Don't forget... lots more clients are going to be happy handing over their hard earned cash for non surgicals in a nice temperature-regulated room :)

Lend us £10k then!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back