Help my face is burning!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly-Tara

Reaction score
Hey i have eczema, and have really dry skin on my face, i have always used eczema cream, but when i put foundation on after i get dry patches. I then started to use a moisturiser before i put foundation on, but it was a perfumed moisturiser, and after a few days my face started burning and itching really bad and i got a rash. So i went back to using my eczema cream. My sister also has eczema and she said to use e45 moisturiser, so this is what i did, but then again a few days later exactly the same thing happend.
I don't know what to do, as i just want to find something that wont irritate and also wont leave it dry. Anyone have any advice??
Thanks

Hi Hun,
I have always suffered with eczema too. Have you tried Clinique moturiser? It has no perfume, I love it.
Call into a store that sells Clinique and have a chat with the sales person, they may give you a trial / sample.
See how you go.
Best wishes
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

Hey i did have a clinique moisturising foundation but it stil made my skin quite dry, so im not sure if that is the same one you mean x

Hi,
No Hun I mean the "Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion" It is pale yellow, always in a square shaped bottled, it is around £28 for a bottle, but that will last around 4 - 6 months. The sample is usually in a small square bottle or a tube. You need to put it on before any foundation, I put it on and leave a few minutes to soak into my skin.
Good luck x :hug: x

Ohhh right ok, yeah i will try that then thanks x

hey hun!!! omd we have the same problems dont we ezema is very "mingin" lol i use aquarias cream or if not coca butter i usually apply a thin layer on my face else i tend to break out in spots :sad: E45 is good but i find that clogs my pores and horrible to use and also makes my face sore..quite a few ladies at college reccommened me to have a dermoligica facial as its a treatment range and may help with my ezema as i have very sensitive skin and really dry red patches but i would go to your local beauty salon and explain your situation and see what they say about the dermoligica if not go back to your gp and see what else they can prescribe for the ezema

x

Hey thanks for that, where do you get them from then? just boots or superdrug is it? Il have to have a look, Thank you

Hi,

I suffered with acne and after having a course of roaccutane, 2 years later my skin still hasn't recovered from the dry patches!! When wearing foundation they are even more noticable!

The Clinique cream that Poshfloss has mentioned makes quite a difference for a few months then i get the same problem back again so i use something called forever eden and you rub abit of the oil in to your dry patches on your face wait 20 mins then apply your make-up and it works a treat! you would never even guess you suffered! It is fairly priced aswell although now you can only get it from there website or over the phone.

Clinique are really good they sit and talk everything through with you and give you plenty of samples so you can try the product for a suitable amount of time to see if the product works for you. i also find Cliniques make-up remover (in a purple pump bottle) which is for dry skin helps aswell!

:hug:

Hey thanks for that, where do you get them from then? just boots or superdrug is it? Il have to have a look, Thank you

aquarias cream you can either get a squeezy tube or a big tub from your local pharmasist or asda,morrisons as far as i know! as for the dermoligica i would go to a beauty salon and see if they would recommend it if so then go have a facial and see,i was going to book myself in for one but college is closed for 2 weeks after 2morrow! typical aye lol hth hun

x

hey thanks for that, whats the website?x

i got the website for dermoligica its Homepage - Dermalogica UK

and they have a "speed mapping" which will dertimine what products of theirs to use on your face i clicked on senstive then it asked if i have dryness also then they will give you a range on which to use and what to use it for :) hth

x

Latest posts

Back