Help. Nail Splitting Upwards.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisajane

Reaction score
Three of my nails are splitting vertically up the nail....

I need to put something on mu nails to protect them from splitting further.. until they have grown so I can cut them before the Split.

Please someone hellp.

:(

LJ x

If you mean from the free edge towards the cuticle then an overlay would be your best option to let the split grown down.

If you mean the other way as in from the cuticle to the free edge then this sounds like a trauma and might need further investigation.

If you mean from the free edge towards the cuticle then an overlay would be your best option to let the split grown down.

If you mean the other way as in from the cuticle to the free edge then this sounds like a trauma and might need further investigation.

Yes I meant from the Free edge toward the cuticle....

Thanks for the help,

LJ

ahhhh a zipper effect.

I had a nail do this because I had overfiled it and caused onycholosis on my own nail. I put a gel overlay on it and babied it, and it grew out fine.

It all depends on what caused it.

Yes I meant from the Free edge toward the cuticle....

Thanks for the help,

LJ

This started on my ring fingers about a year ago and I have had it on the 'ring' toes for years.

In my case I started wearing enhancement on my fingers because of this problem but if I take them off it just comes back. The chiropodist told me it was untreatable on my toes and just to keep them short. I tried the same with my fingers but the minute there is any growth they split again. I now keep enhancements on all the time.

I have this on my baby finger, as soon as there is any sign of a free edge the split appears and if I catch boy does if rip down the down the nail:Scared: I now keep it covered with an overlay.

I have this on my baby finger, as soon as there is any sign of a free edge the split appears and if I catch boy does if rip down the down the nail:Scared: I now keep it covered with an overlay.

Thnks for all the help Guys, really appreciate it....

Iv put an overlay on and hopefully when it grows out I can file it to the correct level

:) LJ x

Latest posts

Back