Help Needed ASAP pls for Hi/Lo Lights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZooBaby

Reaction score
Hi, A follow up to my question the other day on hi/lites, Found out my client has a base colour of 5.0/6.0 quite dark, already has blonde and brown colours in it and a re-growth of about 3 inches.

She wants foils again, blonde (but not white blonde) and some low lights scattered through T Section, was going to suggest magi-meche or bleach but
she didn't want to go white blonde...Would 12.1 with 12% lift it enough do you think? Also for low lights maybe 6.73?? (Wella Koleston tints)

or should I put a pinch of bleach in 12/1? ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!

many thanks

Hi, this is what I would probably do.
Check porosity of previously coloured hair, if ok then proceed
1- I would use bleach (sorry but I dont think that 12/ anything comes light enough on roots when they are used to highlights) with 9%
2- Caramel, I would use either 7/7, or 7/73, amybe 8/7. If the ends are really light use a little base too, 7/0.
3- Also, if she wants to gradually lighter than these colours will be fine. If she wants the same, you will need to put some of her 5/0 base back in (5/0 and 5/37?) as she is used to seeing the dark through too. Probably double weaved on the odd one, just to give a little more depth.
This is just from what you have said, and I wouldn't really know for sure unless I saw her and felt the hair myself. Good luck!

bear in mind that there 3" roots so will probably come up lighter than the ends, maybe do a bleach and a 5 then when you wash it out use a 9/3 3% as a toner to even the ends of the blondes out,

bear in mind that there 3" roots so will probably come up lighter than the ends, maybe do a bleach and a 5 then when you wash it out use a 9/3 3% as a toner to even the ends of the blondes out,

Thanks Lilgemgem, I'm starting to get panicky now as I'm doing it wed night and still not sure what to do! Give me cutting and brunettes anyday, me and blondes are a work in progress!! lol

Should I do the foils straight through from roots to ends from start? Do you mean do a 5.0 lo/lite in between trough the top?

thanks i know i sound thick but i've been thinking about it too long now and i have brain fog!!! xxx

you could do a bleach 3% on roots and 9% on the ends, and the 5, alternate the foils weaving the t section, and when all rinsed out if the blonde isnt compleatly even then use a 9/3 or something as a toner as you say she doesnt want to be too blonde,
good luck x

Should I do the foils straight through from roots to ends from start? Do you mean do a 5.0 lo/lite in between trough the top?

It depends how much is already there. Generally ends are faded, so just enough to bring a little depth back into it.

You'll do fine. If she's left it until there's 3 inches of root, she probably justs wants the dark roots gone, you just have to blend it as well as you can. The caramel will give the tone, the bleach 9%, the lightness, and 5.0 5.37 the depth :) It will look stunning!!! Don't stress and work it up, put the colours on, let them work their majic-
(by the way I love Wella, I have used practically every other brand, and I am confident with Wella, it always does what it says on the tin!!!!:green:)

Latest posts

Back