Help needed for a beginner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tan Man

Reaction score
:eek: Hi Ladies and men of course
Please allow me to explain why i have posted this new thread.

I have been working in the beauty industry for the last 3 years selling Su-do and Tantricks products and at present i am working my notice with Tantrick because..........................i have decided to go self employed from the 1st March and now having made the decision my tummy is churning with fear for the future.

My wife, children and friends are being really supportive and Tantirck have kindly offered me the southern area as their registered trainer for their products which i am really excited about, and...............although i will be running tanning, nails, and body art training courses as well as selling these products too i have a real passion to learn more about nails.

I have been talking to Anne Swain about doing a Creative foundation course but i am really nervous about it and wondered if i could ask my fellow geeks for some advice.

I can already do both hand and airbrushed nail art but i really want to do L&P and Gels too but how do men really do in this industry. I know that Samuel, and Ketan and Leighton have made it to the top and i admire their work, but if any of you could give me some tips and help i would really appreciate it.

Creative products appeal to me the most but if their is anything else i need to look at please help.

I would love to own my own salon eventually but i need to learn my trade first and i have been reading all your comments for some time now helping other geeks, so..............any help or advice you can give me please reply, but be gentle!!!!

Hi, Welcome aboard :D

My advice, get your backside booked on a Creative Foundation course asap :lol:

Congratulations on making the leap into your own business, it sounds like you've got most of your ducks in a line and it's going to be great :D

Jaydee on here is one of our other male techs, I'm sure he'll be around soon and will see this thread, he'll be happy to help too I feel sure.

Go for it

Trinity Nails said:
Hi, Welcome aboard :D

My advice, get your backside booked on a Creative Foundation course asap :lol:

Congratulations on making the leap into your own business, it sounds like you've got most of your ducks in a line and it's going to be great :D

Jaydee on here is one of our other male techs, I'm sure he'll be around soon and will see this thread, he'll be happy to help too I feel sure.

Go for it

good advice then from Trin.....youve got some background info...you sound like you have DRIVE..........................get on the right path for your training......its sooooo gotta be CREATIVE matey, as you have realised..................and GO FOR IT, the worlds your oyster babes.

And of course a regular geeking sesh will help you out!

All the best:Love:

Amb xxxxxx

Thanks guys for your help i will ring Creative first thing Monday and get booked on as soon as, i will let you all know how i get on.

lol Russ
x:biggrin:

The Tan Man said:
Thanks guys for your help i will ring Creative first thing Monday and get booked on as soon as, i will let you all know how i get on.

lol Russ
x:biggrin:

good man keep us all informed !:wink2:

amb x

Hi Russ, welcome to the site, I trained with Anne and kelly last year and loved every miniute of it, you'll find the suport form all the MK crowd to be the finest, and they are always there when you need help or advise.............pretty much like this crowd:biggrin:

Thanks Susie, it's nice to know that you have been their already, don't mind me asking how difficult is it really?

It looks like a minefield but i suppose it cant be any worse than airbrushing..........can it?

I have worked with Anne at trade shows and she is great, and i know Debbie there too whi is a real laugh, but trade shows are one thing, especially when i am watching but with them watching me for will be scary:eek:

Still i have made my decision so its full steam ahead, not sure my wife and daughters know whats in store for them as far as practise is concerned!!
I will let you know

lol russ x

Nice to know there are a few more men in the nail industry !

Done my masters with Anne & Kelly Swain - they are great!

Tell them hi from Andrew Butler

Welcome aboard:D

Will do Andrew, thanks for the vote of confidence, not sure my wife will agree when i practise on her and our daughters though.............still if it all goes wrong, thanks to this site i can point her in the direction of true professionals.

Regards
Russ
PS we could do with a few more males in the sunless tanning industry too! both models and trainers:)

Welcome aboard Russ. I did the Creative Nail Foundation Course and loved every minute of - I didn't want it to finish. Our Educator (who was BEV SWIFT was FANTASTIC) not mentioning any names :!: commented that a lot of men were as good if not better than some of us ladies - look at Grand Master Geek for example - Challenged by GEEG - who I have a personal fondest for - not that I know her personally , I can only admire her from afar (OMG - is that too sloppy I like men :hug: I have 5 boys and a hubby SORRY GEEG I do love you but the men in my life are number ONE:lol: ) anyway before I dig myself into a bigger hole I will say go for it, you will love it:Love: DEBBIE

Thanks Debbie

You talk my language, i have 2 daughters, 1 boy and 1 grandson and a huge hankering for nails............is that sad, i hope not!!:sad:

Whats more, how addictive is this site, theres me talking to women i dont even know while my wifes tucked up in bed........still anyone that tans for a living will be used to this........including the wife!:o

Once again thanks mate i am looking forward to it

lol russ x:Love:

The Tan Man said:
Thanks Debbie

You talk my language, i have 2 daughters, 1 boy and 1 grandson and a huge hankering for nails............is that sad, i hope not!!:sad:

Whats more, how addictive is this site, theres me talking to women i dont even know while my wifes tucked up in bed........still anyone that tans for a living will be used to this........including the wife!:o

Once again thanks mate i am looking forward to it

OMG I can't belieeeeve you :hug: I'm 110% addicted I've even burnt the tea tonite - good job hubby is a footie geek and indulging in his own fantasies (SP?)

Look forward to talking to you more - hey if I'm p*****d now in the alcohol sense will I regret it in the morning:D

:Love: Debbie

sorry mate but i too am a footie nut, it was footballers wives that got me hooked on nails...........ish!!:D

some of them were crap, but the 'naughty' scenes bought back my youth, when i didn't give a damn about the alcohol tonight or what happens in the morning..........good old days eh!

still theres life in the old dog yet mate, just takes a bit longer to get going thats all......hee, hee:lick:

have a few for me but dont score an own goal with the old man!

love russ x:Love: :Love:

The Tan Man said:
sorry mate but i too am a footie nut, it was footballers wives that got me hooked on nails...........ish!!:D

some of them were crap, but the 'naughty' scenes bought back my youth, when i didn't give a damn about the alcohol tonight or what happens in the morning..........good old days eh!

still theres life in the old dog yet mate, just takes a bit longer to get going thats all......hee, hee:lick:

have a few for me but dont score an own goal with the old man!

love russ x:Love: :Love:

No chance tonite mate he has managed to keep Bury up in his footie manager game tonite Yaaawwwwwwwwwwn:green: wish i had never bought him the darn thing for crimbo:D :green: :D
Youth whats that ????? i'm just an old bag lady:green: :green: :green:
He scored a goal on erm thurs :green: :green: :green: so theres life in that old sausa oops dog yet:D

cor, lucky him, next time i score will be my birthday............if i'm lucky!:lick:

Pray for me it's only 3 months away, still keeping 'bury' up is far more important, after all i support QPR .......i know who??? were a really strong team we hold the rest up!:o

You can imagine the stick i get from the boys knowing that i tan ladies for a living and now i am going to train to be a nail tech too, still their only jealous!!..............mind you i have never had so many requests to help me with my tanning career......'d--ty old m-n':Kissing:

i will listen for the cheer when hubby gets bury to win the premiership

love russ x

Dear Russ - Welcome to the site!
I think you will learn a great deal from Anne; she is a true pro with real passion for our industry. Good luck with the chosen path... it isn't one I have ever regretted! :!: :biggrin: :wink2:

The Tan Man said:
cor, lucky him, next time i score will be my birthday............if i'm lucky!:lick:

Pray for me it's only 3 months away, still keeping 'bury' up is far more important, after all i support QPR .......i know who??? were a really strong team we hold the rest up!:o

You can imagine the stick i get from the boys knowing that i tan ladies for a living and now i am going to train to be a nail tech too, still their only jealous!!..............mind you i have never had so many requests to help me with my tanning career......'d--ty old m-n':Kissing:

i will listen for the cheer when hubby gets bury to win the premiership

love russ x

Hi Russ
Funny my hubby keeps asking me if he can help me with the tanning:rolleyes: Anyway, he is the manager of Bury but guess what he is a Northampton town fan - thats right - a right old COBBLER:lol: Perhaps you need to ask her to let you practice massage on her:Grope: Hehe it works for me every time:biggrin:

:Love: Debbie

Debbie.......i love you forever, massage what a great idea!

After all iv'e tried plying her with alcohol, presents and even tried turning 'sky sports' off for while but all to no avail, but massage well............i'll let you know

As far as tanning is concerned i am a real gent, i never ever look i do all my training by 'touch-n-feel'...............only joking!!:cool:

speak soon

welcome to the site russ...and all the best when you start your training.
nice to have more fella's on here.....the more fella's the less david(jaydee)has to put up with from us....only joking:wink2:

Hi Joanne

Thanks for the vote of confidence, i will let you know how i get on.:biggrin:

Having said that, maybe i should apologise now as i have really wicked sense of humour, but never mean any harm to anyone i promise!......................but we men do need to stick together........ish!!;)

speak soon

Latest posts

Back