Help needed from technical geeks please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martigirl

Reaction score
I am currently looking for salon software and I am currently trialling Ruth's fab new stuff.

What I want to do is;

Make appointments for the salon over the phone......simple eh..no!!

When my salon phone rings if I can't answer I want it to divert 1st to my mobile phone and if I can't answer that then a message can be left.

If I am out of the salon I want to be able to access my appointment book whilst still on the phone to the client.

I am thinking a Blackberry or something but being a complete technophobe I really need something idiot proof can anyone help with suggestions please.

You'd probably want something with a hands free kit, as you'll want to see your phone's screen and talk to your client at the same time.

A Blackberry would probably do the job; I've got an Orange SPV M3100 at the moment (a rebadged HTC Hermes) that runs Windows Mobile and comes with Internet Explorer; that has quite a nice screen and is perfectly adequate for accessing the salongeek mobile site on.

Thanks for mentioning that you want to be able to access your appointment book from your phone too; will definitely bear that in mind when designing the appointment book (sounds like a mobile phone optimised version is going to be essential)...
Posted via Mobile Device

have u tried voip hosting? A client recommended it to me . May be worth googling and its very cheap x

have u tried voip hosting? A client recommended it to me . May be worth googling and its very cheap x

thanks a lot I will have a look xx

You'd probably want something with a hands free kit, as you'll want to see your phone's screen and talk to your client at the same time.

A Blackberry would probably do the job; I've got an Orange SPV M3100 at the moment (a rebadged HTC Hermes) that runs Windows Mobile and comes with Internet Explorer; that has quite a nice screen and is perfectly adequate for accessing the salongeek mobile site on.

Thanks for mentioning that you want to be able to access your appointment book from your phone too; will definitely bear that in mind when designing the appointment book (sounds like a mobile phone optimised version is going to be essential)...
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks xxxxx

Latest posts

Back