~Help Needed~ Lines that look like cracks in my nails (acrylic)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NQ Nail Girl

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have just started using Creative products and tonight when I did my first set some of the fingers have what looks like cracks in them ( they are smooth but when I look at the nail in the light it looks like there is a crack inside the acrylic). I havent had this before and while I love the creative products and know whats causing it is me and not the powders I would like to know what I am doing wrong so I can fix it.

Cheers

Michelle

hiya....are you using clear tips.....are you sure its not the tip that has cracked and not the acrylic...? just a thought as that happened to me....i use gel and it wasnt the gel that cracked it was the tips....due to the client having very flat and wide nail beds and me using the wrong type of tips. can also happen if scrubfresh gets onto the tips. xxx

Thank you so much for that. I thought it might be that my mix is off and that the line is acutally powder or something. There is also a strong possibility that it is the scrub fresh reacting with the tip that I put on.

Luckily they were on a friends fingers and not a paying customer. Other than that little detail I have to say I LOVE SOLAR OIL. Like hello how many awards should the person who invented solar oil get.

LOL

Sorry I forgot to answer your question I wasnt using clear tips but natural ones as in colour not natural natural nails.

ohhh yes i agree...i could drink that stuff....but i will stick with Disaronna (Amaretto) instead.....lol

Scrubfreah and tips do not go well together...only put on the natural nail.

Are the cracks along or down the nail and are they in the tip area or nail bed area ?

They run horizontal I think its in the tip area in the well if that makes sense.It reminds me of the kind of line I used to get when I started doing fills.you know that sort of look (probably not as your probably a fab nail tech) but you know what I mean.

lol...i wish....i do know what you mean...i dont use L&P so i aint much help as to if its something to do with ratio...but only 2 other things spring to mind.....tips blended fully...so they are transparant...and stress/pressure on the nail making it crack....this should bump this thread up for you in anycase so i bet someone will help...xxxxxxxxxx

I'm sure the problem is that you are getting ScrubFresh on the well of the tip.

When you scrub the natural nail with scrubfresh, make sure you work back from the tip towards the eponychium and do not touch the tip with the product, it will definitely cause it to crack.

Latest posts

Back