Help needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annie ree

Reaction score
I currently do nails and have been offering my clients shellac for over 12 months. I dont have any problems with it and rave about it to everyone including my sister. I have been telling her for a while to get it done (I would do it myself but she lives in Spain) she found a nail tech in her area and had acrylics done by her first but due to sheer amount of lifting after a couple of days she decided to have them removed and had shellac applied instead. I did stress to her that her nails wouldn't be great at the moment due to the extensions. However she had it done and within 2 days they had all lifted. Her friend also had them done and 3 nails peeled completely off the same day. She however hadn't had anything previous on her nails. I know its not a CND lamp that is being used so for this reason is this why they are not staying on? I have sent her solar oil to look after them and emailed an aftercare sheet but feel gutted that this is happening when I convinced her to have it done in the first place. Is there any other reason why it is not lasting on them at all. Thank you

I currently do nails and have been offering my clients shellac for over 12 months. I dont have any problems with it and rave about it to everyone including my sister. I have been telling her for a while to get it done (I would do it myself but she lives in Spain) she found a nail tech in her area and had acrylics done by her first but due to sheer amount of lifting after a couple of days she decided to have them removed and had shellac applied instead. I did stress to her that her nails wouldn't be great at the moment due to the extensions. However she had it done and within 2 days they had all lifted. Her friend also had them done and 3 nails peeled completely off the same day. She however hadn't had anything previous on her nails. I know its not a CND lamp that is being used so for this reason is this why they are not staying on? I have sent her solar oil to look after them and emailed an aftercare sheet but feel gutted that this is happening when I convinced her to have it done in the first place. Is there any other reason why it is not lasting on them at all. Thank you

If peeling and problems are happening then it will be down to curing issues and the salon using the incorrect lamp.

Another problem is that it may not be Genuine shellac that is being used. We have the same problems here in Spain as the rest of the world where people say they are using Shellac and they are not ... Using the wrong lamps etc.

Send me a private message and tell me where your sister is and I can help you find a genuine Shellac salon. I would also love to know the name of the salon she went to and where it was if you could tell me in the private message. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back