help needed think my hairs falling out :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anzy

Reaction score
hi everyone, hope you can help am nearly 6months pregnant and bleach my hair i havent done my roots yet because my hair just seems to come out in clumps while drying it am worried if i dye it again it will all jus break off and also been advised not to bleach while pregnant so am in a situation of confusion and feel a little embaressed to go to a salon because just realised its been nearly a year since as i normally get extensions but have had them out for the las 5months please help my hairs a state :'( xx

hi, i cant really say from experience as ive never personally been pregnant!

but whenever my mum has been she has kept her hair the whole way through the pregnancy and lost it after.

I thought this was what happened in pregnancy due to the hormone holding onto it?

But maybe take some pregnancy vitamins?

Sorry im not much help! hope your pregnancy goes well!:green:

hi everyone, hope you can help am nearly 6months pregnant and bleach my hair i havent done my roots yet because my hair just seems to come out in clumps while drying it am worried if i dye it again it will all jus break off and also been advised not to bleach while pregnant so am in a situation of confusion and feel a little embaressed to go to a salon because just realised its been nearly a year since as i normally get extensions but have had them out for the las 5months please help my hairs a state :'( xx

Congratulations on your pregnancy
Many women lose hair during prenancy due to hormonal changes. But if you are concerened visit your Gp, he's the one who will be able to give you accurate advice.

As o colouring or bleaching your hair during pregnancy, their is alot of debate about this. Go to a salon and have a consultation, get there thoughts on it. I've always coloured pregnant women's hair in the salons I have worked in as the salons where insured to do so.

I'm sure the salon will be glad to welcome you back as a client.

Hiya and congratulations

My little boy is now 18mnth, I was bleach blonde as a full head colour, (i would reccomend only to have foils whilst pregnant) also my hair was always falling out from the min I was preg til he was bout 3 month now my hair is like a mop I have soooooooo much of it

Lol

Good luck

many things happens while your pregnant, my hair stopped growing during and i have been pregnant twice .With the first pregnancy i had to stop dying my hair all together throughout the pregnancy.go to your gp if the clumps become to much as it may be a hormonal imbalance and they can give you more advice.
Sazza

Thank you everyone for the help, have booked in this week for a consultation to see what they can do, and in midwife wednesday so will ask her too, I feel a lot better now knowing that its more normal than I thought :) xx

Latest posts

Back