Help needed with advert for newspaper

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
Ive decided to put an advert in the paper next week for beauty treatments as I need to get more clients in.

I have total memory block i don't know what to offer or even how to word it.

I have a poster in window offering 40% off all facials but had no takers so far :cry:

Bearing in mind I am on a percentage instead of rent, so I can't afford to discount to much (eg 50% off is an absolute no) I have to give salon owner 40% of my takings.

What has or hasn't worked for you ? Any ideas ?

I would offer to rejuvenate their skin and get it into tip top condition ready for the spring.Talk about the winter,dehydration,central heating and boosting the skins condition with a luxurious facial with maybe not knocking so much off of the facial but perhaps offering a foot massage or 10% off of their next treatment as long as booked at same time.HTH

Thanks Babs,

Facials is what i want to push so that is a great idea :green: xx

Mothers day soon so specials for that.

If you actually want them to cut out the advert and bring it with them you will need to make sure the offer is worthwhile.

ie someone offering "buy one get one free on main meals" gets a great response as opposed to "get a free glass of wine with your meal" - no one cant quite be bothered with the second as it is not that much of a big deal.

Hope this makes sense?

Rather than money off - you could go along the lines of - with every X booked receive a complimentary Y?

Sometimes in advertising, less is more. Dont try to cram in everything you do - just highlight your unique selling points.

hth

in your advert why not mention the things that set you apart from your competitors? People aren't always enticed by huge discounts, but more by the expert service, product knowledge etc that you have to offer. Goodluck x:)

just realised babyshakes has already said all that- sorry! x

Latest posts

Back