Help! Ombré hair, unhappy client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Love, sorry to hear of your problems with this client and I hope your business takes off soon. Just a little thought though, being mobile is actually quite a scary thing when first starting out. I have felt fairly uncomfortable in clients homes before and it is not a career path for the faint hearted, it is difficult enough to deal with hard to please clients without being afraid for your safety as well. You are pretty much stuck there for the duration of the treatment which can be quite lengthy at times.

Do you think Mobile is the way to go? Or would it make you feel more at ease to work from a home salon, if they are on your property you do have an advantage. They will be less likely to kick off if they know you could call for help or even the police, and you can refuse to treat people if they turn up at yours but when you arrive at a client and wish you had never taken the booking it is hard to get out of it without being obvious iykwim.

I agree with the advice Bluerinse has given, I am not a hairdresser so can't advise on the actual hair treatment but as far as the refund is concerned, you should probably charge her even more this time, print out an aftercare sheet for her and get her to sign the consultation card stating that you have explained the expected results, aftercare and that you have offered her the required aftercare products. ( you can knock one up on your computer) This way she cant say at a later date that she had not been told.

Did you do a patch test? Some clients just see opportunities to try to make some "free" money off our backs so I would suggest that you make sure you have all the options covered. You would not want her to try to sue you for an allergic reaction to the bleach or colorant. :hug:

Hiya, only worked with her ends, so no skin test!

She's a typical freeloader, and clearly wants everything for nothing, I charged her very little for huge amount of work and I know it's my own fault I made no money! Getting people to sign the client card is a good idea and leaving a paper copy of aftercare would also mean my back is covered and she wouldn't be able to say I never told her the colour will fade which I did!! :( xxx

Crazy colours never last a month and it all depends on how much they wash there and how porus it is and especially after bleaching it will fade even quicker i do my friends hair and hers last a week but i guess like other posters have said youve learnt your lesson next time dont promise anything i got told to allways underestimate your promises especially when it comes to situations like this then when the results are better or last longer you will have a very happy client, and as for the costs you need to work out what you would like to earn and then add your costs or products on top, and to get good customers id never make my prices cheaper id always have a cost of what i think im worth and if there not willing to pay it then there not worth my time xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hiya, only worked with her ends, so no skin test!

She's a typical freeloader, and clearly wants everything for nothing, I charged her very little for huge amount of work and I know it's my own fault I made no money! Getting people to sign the client card is a good idea and leaving a paper copy of aftercare would also mean my back is covered and she wouldn't be able to say I never told her the colour will fade which I did!! :( xxx

Id just ignore her from now on she sounds like a pain youve done all the correct stuff now and she is not being reasonable, just learn from this and the way i see it is its not about prices its about your service if you provide excellent services who cares what the other mobile hairdressing is charging up the road because you know in reality your value for money as long as your average for your area thats all that matters maybe do a loyalty scheme to entice customers i prefer them offers to discounts really as that would more than likely entice me to a service than a one of discount xx

Id just ignore her from now on she sounds like a pain youve done all the correct stuff now and she is not being reasonable, just learn from this and the way i see it is its not about prices its about your service if you provide excellent services who cares what the other mobile hairdressing is charging up the road because you know in reality your value for money as long as your average for your area thats all that matters maybe do a loyalty scheme to entice customers i prefer them offers to discounts really as that would more than likely entice me to a service than a one of discount xx

Thanks for your advice lea, I've ordered some loyalty cards just the other day and I need to grow a pair and stick to my guns with prices etc. I know I've been undercharging including the above case.
I've offered to reapply the crazy colour which she doesn't want so any texts from nor I shall ignore. She can bargain elsewhere as I've done everything correctly, explained aftercare and even offered to reapply. She's boasting her friend is a hairdresser and would've done it for nothing well I wonder why they didn't then.... Xxx

Thanks for your advice lea, I've ordered some loyalty cards just the other day and I need to grow a pair and stick to my guns with prices etc. I know I've been undercharging including the above case.
I've offered to reapply the crazy colour which she doesn't want so any texts from nor I shall ignore. She can bargain elsewhere as I've done everything correctly, explained aftercare and even offered to reapply. She's boasting her friend is a hairdresser and would've done it for nothing well I wonder why they didn't then.... Xxx

Its ok i know whats it like because i was the same i was scared of charging to much so was under pricing my self but ive learnt my lesson also and we all need to make a living and now ive come to the conclusion that if there not willing to pay a reasonable price then there not worth my time because unbelivable how some people expect everything for a silly price just stick to your guns like you said and good luck :) x

Its ok i know whats it like because i was the same i was scared of charging to much so was under pricing my self but ive learnt my lesson also and we all need to make a living and now ive come to the conclusion that if there not willing to pay a reasonable price then there not worth my time because unbelivable how some people expect everything for a silly price just stick to your guns like you said and good luck :) x

In all time I've been mobile situations like this never happened to me as my clients were always happy and here 2 in 1 day and those who got discounts two! I didn't even need to advertise as word of mouth did the job! In a way I'm glad it happened as i'll be more careful now. At the end of the day they wouldn't treat a stylist in a salon like this. Xx

**update** she just messaged me saying she wants all her hair an even black colour so I told her if she is not happy to deal with the consequences of her colour choice and wants it changed completely then she should go to another stylist. I've offered to reapply the colour, she refused so there's nothing more I could do. What a nasty cow! Xxx

Tbh, even if you dye it black for her, she'll still find something to whinge about.
I would just let her get on with it. Let her go to someone else, her "hairdresser mate", someone who "can" do her hair.
She's not worth your time, effort or stress.

She's now threatening me if I don't give her money back she will " go through her other options" of getting her money back! Oh my god I'm actually terrified now! I've not replied to that text? Is this a threat?? Should I go to police??? I'm a single mum and I'm actually pooping myself now.. HELP!!!

I'm literally shaking now, I'm not even at home to do anything!!! Should I refund her?? :'(

She doesn't know where you live!

She's now threatening me if I don't give her money back she will " go through her other options" of getting her money back! Oh my god I'm actually terrified now! I've not replied to that text? Is this a threat?? Should I go to police??? I'm a single mum and I'm actually pooping myself now.. HELP!!!

Please don't worry! Sadly there are people out there like this! You've provided a service, advised her of aftercare and also told her that it will fade etc.
You don't have to give her a refund! You've done nothing wrong! Stand your ground and please don't try to please her, offer her anything. As long as you've been fair, you've honestly nothing to worry about. X

Problem is she might! her parents stay round the corner and my car is difficult to miss!!!! Should I refund? Should I go to police? She's a nutcase! :'(

Please don't worry! Sadly there are people out there like this! You've provided a service, advised her of aftercare and also told her that it will fade etc.
You don't have to give her a refund! You've done nothing wrong! Stand your ground and please don't try to please her, offer her anything. As long as you've been fair, you've honestly nothing to worry about. X

Not sure if I should just ignore her threats and texts, at the end of the day I did offer to fix it by reapplying!!! :'(

My advice is see if she contacts you again over the weekend. If she does get your phone network to block her number. Xx

Not sure if I should just ignore her threats and texts, at the end of the day I did offer to fix it by reapplying!!! :'(

I'd ignore them hun. I doubt she will try anything and if she does, and it's out of order, then you can go to the police. I hope it doesn't come to that though. It does sound like she is just trying her luck.

I know it's so much easier said than done but please just stand your ground, don't get too worried. After all, why should she demand things from you? Would she go into a salon and demand they do xx treatment for free etc? Unless you messed her hair up you shouldn't have to do anything!

What a nasty client! You poor thing :(

Personally I would keep all the texts from her, and if you hear any more from her over the weekend then go see the police! Particularly if you think your car may be damaged.

How old is this nut-case ?:eek:
Do her parents know what a little ***** she is being?
Or are they just as bad as her?

If you're literally that scared,
Call her bluff and tell her that she has already been reported and the authorities know what she's up to.

She wouldn't get away with this if it were a salon.
She can keep dreaming, as she's obviously deluded. Or demented.

How old is this nut-case ?:eek:
Do her parents know what a little ***** she is being?
Or are they just as bad as her?

If you're literally that scared,
Call her bluff and tell her that she has already been reported and the authorities know what she's up to.

She wouldn't get away with this if it were a salon.
She can keep dreaming, as she's obviously deluded. Or demented.

She's 22 and I guess her parents are just the same as her. I don't know them she just blabbed during the appointment where her parents live which is literally a couple of doors down from me altho I've never seen her around. She keeps sayin I own her and she didn't pay me for her hair to fade so quickly! I'm exhausted of explaining things to her as we are just going round in circles. Apparently she's away on holiday next week and there's no way she's gonna go away with fading ombré hair! She may well be trying it on but as a single mum I can't risk it! Keeping all her txts just in case. She's been harassing me for 24 hours solid so far! :( xx

Don't reply anymore, you've explained everything to her, she had the chance to get it re applied, this is harassment and if she doesn't stop call police in the morning!

You will be fine Hun,

Latest posts

Back