Help on decission making

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavenly_Nails

Reaction score
Ok im on the verge to placing an order!

But dont know wheather to buy creative products.
Or products from ellisions the precious range

Im just about to start out on paying clients for mani and pedi. dont have a great deal off money as near xmas.
but my creative order comes to £70.00ish
and ellision come to £40.00 but i get a few more products with them.

But im also thinking about my advertising as well, people know creative they know there products are good eg more clients more earning's.

With the other products you have to charge cheaper rate as they are not getting a well know product.

What do you think guys, need to place order b4 4pm any help would be great

I would say the obvious, If you creative trained I would us there stuff.
Ok it may be a tad more expensive but clients will pay more for quality :wink2:

I would also say go with what you know best.
When you are starting out you rely more on the abilities of you products, as you become more confident/ experienced I would say that is the best time to look at trying different things.

creative hun - no contest - buy the mini totes you will get loads out of them.

I dont like precious packaging just doesnt LOOK anything!

Amb x

Have to agree with the others. I would go for Creative any day !

They might be a bit more expensive, but the quality is WAY above the Precious range and your clients will thank you for it.

River

defo CREATIVE

Thanks everybody for your help

Placed the order with creative, i never spent 71.00 in one go before shaking now. Got it sent to my parents address that way b/f wont know that i spent so much. (you know men they moan about women spending money lol).

Best get my leaflets finished now.

do you think my prices are to much or to cheap?

Express Manicure £11.00
Solar Manicure £16.00
Deluxe Manicure £22.00

Express Pedicure £16.00
Raw earth Pedicure £20.00
Deluxe Pedicure £25.00

French Polish £3.00 extra

Special offer till end off November Half price express manicure will every deluxe pedicure

personally i think that these prices are a tad too pricey but thats my opinion.

what is included in a deluxe maniciure and what creative products?

I think that is a fair price to pay and if you are doing what is included in the manicures and pedicures it is a fair price as they are paying for your time.... At college we have been tought a basic manicure should take up to 45mins and a basic pedi up to an hour so i think it is a fair price for them to pay.:)

clairelee69 said:
personally i think that these prices are a tad too pricey but thats my opinion.

what is included in a deluxe maniciure and what creative products?

After you said you think it's to pricey, i thought i quickley phone around, should have thought off that first b4 doin a price list.

I phoned a few salon that use creative-
a quick manicure which take 1/2 hour is £10.00
One that takes 1 hour and cost £16.00 anf or that u get a solar mani.

Basic pedicures start around £15.00.

So i think my prices are ok now.
For a deluxe i was going to use parffin wax.

Thanks everyone for your useful comments, the info u gave was good

thankyou

:)

I know you have already bought the products so this is too late but last week when i was on my creative foundation course my tutor said she did a creative mani & pedi course & all you have to do is buy the kits & the course is free, i dont know if there are any in your area - the best thing is its 1 day & you dont need a model, i think i am going to do this in the new year even though i have done mani & pedi at college as i was going to buy the kits anyway so i might as well do the course, shelley xx

Hi Heavenly,

Your prices sound great and I would stick with them, remember it's always harder to increase your prices and so easy to offer a discount if you need to. I would go with Creative but then I'm bias really, their products do what they say they will do!!

Good luck!
xxxx

~shelley~ said:
I know you have already bought the products so this is too late but last week when i was on my creative foundation course my tutor said she did a creative mani & pedi course & all you have to do is buy the kits & the course is free, i dont know if there are any in your area - the best thing is its 1 day & you dont need a model, i think i am going to do this in the new year even though i have done mani & pedi at college as i was going to buy the kits anyway so i might as well do the course, shelley xx

Confused here...according to the CND Academy folio you pay for the Creative Spa induction course £145 + vat, this covers manicure and pedicure and the kits for both are provided in the cost. As far as I know it isnt possible to do it the other way around (buy the kit get free training), if I am wrong please correct me:)

Marilyn said:
Confused here...according to the CND Academy folio you pay for the Creative Spa induction course £145 + vat, this covers manicure and pedicure and the kits for both are provided in the cost. As far as I know it isnt possible to do it the other way around (buy the kit get free training), if I am wrong please correct me:)
Its just what she said to us...maybe she was just trying to simplify it for us by saying you get mani & pedi kits worth about £150 so the course is free, she didnt say you bought the kits first, she said you just booked the course through creative, sorry if ive confused you its just what she said, xx

~shelley~ said:
Its just what she said to us...maybe she was just trying to simplify it for us by saying you get mani & pedi kits worth about £150 so the course is free, she didnt say you bought the kits first, she said you just booked the course through creative, sorry if ive confused you its just what she said, xx

Ahh now I can see what you meant but it sounded like you meant that you bought the kit (yourself) and then they gave you the training free....confusion all cleared up now!!:o

Hi Heavenly

I think your prices are spot on.

I live in Exeter so not far from you & that's the going rate down here in the South West- so you have nothing to worry about.

Besides it is always easier to lower your prices through a promotion rather than increase them- like another geek has already mentioned.

Good luck

Marilyn said:
Ahh now I can see what you meant but it sounded like you meant that you bought the kit (yourself) and then they gave you the training free....confusion all cleared up now!!:o
good, im thinking of doing it in the new year once my foundation is over with, have you done the mani pedi course?? x

~shelley~ said:
good, im thinking of doing it in the new year once my foundation is over with, have you done the mani pedi course?? x

I did manicure and pedicure when I was studying my NVQ 10 years ago. Do you think I would be able to do this as it sounds good value for money? Im gonna need to do a lot of saving arent i, doing the en course now then the creative foiundation then this ha ha.

harvey said:
I did manicure and pedicure when I was studying my NVQ 10 years ago. Do you think I would be able to do this as it sounds good value for money? Im gonna need to do a lot of saving arent i, doing the en course now then the creative foiundation then this ha ha.

I am doing the Creative spa manicure and pedicure induction course and I have never done pedicures before at all!

Latest posts

Back