Help please....Cannot clean my brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yolanda

Reaction score
I am having problems cleaning my brush. I have just done my foundation course with CND and therefore I am still practicing things out especially picking up beads.

I know that the brush is getting clocked because I pull out a very wet bead, however I cannot clean it after I do this mistake :sad:.

I start out with a clean brush, fan it out and swirl it in the beginning, use monomer, polymer, put the bead on nail and then wipe on tissue before I dip again in momomer and so on (which is the routine I'm supposed to be doing). However sometimes when the bead is a bit wet it gets into the brush and no matter how much I wipe on tissue and how much I dip in monomer the bits of product would not come out. After a while these bits polymerise (get very hard) and I do not know what to do.....

I dipped in momomer again and again and played with the brush to get them off....but they are still stuck....What am I to do? Help pls....

Hi

Fill a dappen dish with monomer and get some blue tack, attach your brush with the blue tack to a wall above the dish with the brush dangling in the monomer, leave it a good few hours if its really bad overnight. Then gently clean your brush and the hardened L+P will come out, don't pull at your brush or you will spoil it and find it start moulting.

HTH

Thanks Little Angel,

I just did that, so fingers crossed now.... will keep you informed :)

Thanks again

Yollie

i'm sure i have read a post that in extreme circumstances and not to be used on a regular basis, clean your brush in scrub fresh. I have done this once and it worked a treat and didn't appear to damage or dry my brush...

when i first did my course i went through about four brushes in a month bits of all sorts stuck in it! i bought a wooden handled one from the shop then i tried the scrubfresh idea....all the varnish on the handle seemed to melt and get all sticky then i wiped it with tissue and got tissue stuck allover the handle....things got from bad to worse! lol
so i once again bought another brush! i am now celebrating my 4 month anniversary with my new brush its surviving well so i know my beads must be improving lol!!!!kat xxx

Thanks to all of you,

You made me smile kat..... I do not afford another brush however hehe...so I'm trying my best to handle it right :)

I did leave it in monomer for a while and it seems much better now....

Have to see how I cope next time ....

Yollie

hi you can buy a solution which is specifically for cleaning acrylic brushes try www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk

hope this is useful i'm a fellow trainee and i use this.

sarvat

Geeg posted this a while back for someone else who had problems...........
THIS TIME ONLY BECAUSEIT IS AN EMERGENCY ----- Strip any old product out of your brush by dipping into ScrubFresh or Acetone a few times. Then swish the brush around in very very hot water from the kettle, flatten and/or shape the brush to the shape you like (making sure the hairs are lying straight) and then leave to dry overnight lying flat not upright.

Many people 'twist' the brush as they work and cause the hairs to not know which way they are supposed to lie .. and so they split apart.

Always hold your brush the same way and train it to work with the brush hairs always straight not twisted.

This method should be used for emergencies and not every day!!

But similar to heating your own hair to curl it or straighten it, the brush will respond also to heat (It is hair too) Should save you the cost of a new brush.

I would not use brush cleaner, use a small amount of fresh monomer and clean your brush in this........
Brush cleaner shortens the life span of your brush..........

HTH

i had a friend with the same probs with her brush clogging up - she soaked it in monomer for about 2 hours but failed to attach it with blue tac - she now has a brush with curled edges, dont make the same mistake - make sure your brush isnt touching the bottom of the dappen dish.

an after thought - the product i used to use said that clogged brushes had to be cleaned with brush cleaner - so i did - and what happened - yes you guessed - the brush started to loose hairs (which this company said would never happen and that the brush had a life span of at least 10 years).
the brush ended up being 3 times the less its original size and i couldnt use it any more and that was after about 8 months (these brushes cost about £33 each). so it just goes to show that the more expensive a brush is, doesnt mean to say that it WILL last. anyway to cut a long story short - i changed products and am now happy - and the brushes arnt as expensive but i found them to be better to work with

Latest posts

Back