Help please!!! disaster with tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had the very same problem with my sister in laws nails today. I noticed her two index fingers were unusualy flat, and wide. I managed to apply tips to them, thinking they were fine, until after applying pink and white noticed that both of them had lifted from the free edge of her nail and left gap in the middle. I said I would ask for advice and get back to her tomorrow. After reading this thread, I am going to have to clip off the tips, and apply sculpts to her two flat finger nails. Will I still have same problem? Or should I just fill the gap with glue?!!!

Hi Kayjay I would scuplt if i was you or tailor a tip by going a size larger iykwim, I wouldn't just fill with adhesive incase anything is already trapped down there it just isn't worth it :biggrin:

Thanks, i did match the smile line a bit above her natural one as she had quite a large nail bed, maybe i applied it to far up the nail bed causing the tip not fitting? who knows?:rolleyes: I think I might phone her tomorrow and explain and soak off and re apply, i think it might br brtter to do this rather than take a chance. I didnt say anthing when i noticed it coz it was at the end and she had to get away and i freaked out completely:irked: xx
i would hold off on calling her as it is never very good to admit you have done something wrong especially if she has not noticed, if she comes back to you with any broken ones just replace them free of charge, but dont tell her you put the tips on wrong.
if you are using curved tips you may have needed to go up a size and tapered the sides down to make them fit as it sounds like the tip was to curved for the nail and its popped up in the middle or you may not of let the resin dry enough before letting go of the tip
hope this helps

The original, tread is over a year old, so replying to her wont make much difference. But good reading for someone else with this problem... xx

Last edited:
I completed a full set of acrylics on a client today which looked really good and i was pleased with my work as i now feel i have conqered the art!!:irked: i then checked underneath the nails to see if there was much acrylic trapped under the nails, and to my horror a few of the tips(white french tips were seperated from the nail plate, you could actually poke something under there!! I am so upset that i couldnt bring myself to tell the client although i will phone her tomorrow, does anyone know why this has happened as i'm really confused:| also i used a resin to apply the tips rather than a glue, would that make a difference?

My nails do this as well. My issues is my nail plate is not a nice C bout more like ~. So I tend to find a bit of gap at times if I use tips and glue them on.
1. You could sculpted next time.
2. try using the L&P to glue the tip on. That is what I do when I do use a tip on my self. The Acrylic fits nicely in to the dips and I never have an issue with them gaping. BUT you need to use as little as possible! so that you dont have it comeing out of the bottom or the back. If I am doing a french I use the pink that I use in zone 1-2 to glue them on with. That way It blends well.
here is one done. I was not using CND yet. But I am NOW :)
DSCF5673.jpg

Latest posts

Back