Help please - Have i done the right thing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emk32

Reaction score
I had a lady that had overlays on her nails, she said it was buff off and seems to think she has gel and acrylic as she has week nails. We agreed to reduce the length and i filed over them to reduce product but left some on to grow out then shellaced over them. 2 weeks later she has come back for me to re shellac her nails. I buffed off the the shellac, again reduced the length and removed any lifting but once again left some of the gel or acrylic on. We finally got to her thumb nail on the last hand to notice the overlay was quite dark. I removed her thumb nail overlay to find a green stain on her nail! In the back of my mind i was thinking fungi she was thinking stained by curry! I scrub freshed her nail and after an hour and a hour filing and buffing i continued with shellac.

I am now thinking and worrying have i caused this? should i of shellaced her nails? will this happen on her other nails? I saturated her thumb nail a couple of times with scrubfresh and binned all my files i used on her when i got home. Should i contact her to remove the shellac and the rest of the overlay asap or prey for next time in 2 weeks that all is good and its just that one thumb nail?

Thanks in advance any response would b appreciated as i am a worrier!!

sorry just re read my thread i didnt file her thumb nail for an hour and half lol, all the nails overall took me that time.

I had a lady that had overlays on her nails, she said it was buff off and seems to think she has gel and acrylic as she has week nails. We agreed to reduce the length and i filed over them to reduce product but left some on to grow out then shellaced over them. 2 weeks later she has come back for me to re shellac her nails. I buffed off the the shellac, again reduced the length and removed any lifting but once again left some of the gel or acrylic on. We finally got to her thumb nail on the last hand to notice the overlay was quite dark. I removed her thumb nail overlay to find a green stain on her nail! In the back of my mind i was thinking fungi she was thinking stained by curry! I scrub freshed her nail and after an hour and a hour filing and buffing i continued with shellac.

I am now thinking and worrying have i caused this? should i of shellaced her nails? will this happen on her other nails? I saturated her thumb nail a couple of times with scrubfresh and binned all my files i used on her when i got home. Should i contact her to remove the shellac and the rest of the overlay asap or prey for next time in 2 weeks that all is good and its just that one thumb nail?

Thanks in advance any response would b appreciated as i am a worrier!!

If I was you I would have soaked the whole of the ovelay off and just Shellacked her nails.

Yes read the thread thanks. Still can't help think that it was me that caused it happening tho and now really wished I just soaked it all off!

Green staining to nails is generally but not always caused by the client washing up without gloves on with the product lifting.....

All sorts get trapped between the natural nail and the product and it continues to "decay" also know this to happen to clients that do alot of gardening, cooking.......

I personally would have removed all the old polish then applied the gel....

If you're hygiene is up to scratch I doubt that this is because of anything that you have done.....

Latest posts

Back