Help please, my brush is biting the dust

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samjackjord

Reaction score
Hi,

Managed to sort out my mix ratio:) but now I have another problem!
I need to do my sisters nails in the mornning as she flys off on hols tomorrow night(lucky thing). Anyway was just checking I had everything and thought I would just check ratio problems still sorted, then disaster struck!
The bristles of my brush are frayed, just a few but enough(IYKWIM) and drag/stick through/to the product once placed on the nail. I hope that makes sense??? Is it possible to revive the brush temporarily just to do hers before getting a new one on monday? Why oh why cant places be open on a sunday lol.
I really dont want to let her down, but at the same time dont want them looking a mess!
I had thought about dashing diva but she is so heavy handed and I know she would chip them by the end of the day. She only removed her set last week as the nail tech left them in a right mess(lifted within 2 days and went yellow), her usual nail tech was on maternity who she has used for 12 years and being the loyal thing she is used her as her usual tech said she was good.
Any advice or ideas would be very gratefully received

When you say just a few do you mean just a few or more than that? If it were just a few I would cut them off from the bottom. If there are more than this then it is more difficult. Do you know what has caused this? You could try soaking the brush overnight in fresh monomer using something to hold the flags off the bottom of the container. This may help to undo the kinks.

I am finding it difficult to imagine what you mean by frayed so forgive me if I have got the wrong end of the stick here! :green:

There are probably 10 hairs that are fraying/ splaying out! Sorry very tipsy and tired:) which wont help in me explaining.
Would it be okay to cut them at the bottom when its that many? I have put it in a pot with fresh monomer as you have said and hopefully that may give it the kiss of life it so badly needs. Are there any tips to prevent this from happening in the future? I currently buy the no.8 grand from nsi and keep it in a tube with the cap on, I always clean it before putting it away and leave it slightly damp with fresh monomer.
Thank you so much for the reply:hug:

Hi there, I would recommend NSI's Royal Precision brush no8 with its own metal lid next time. It is a fabulous brush, I've had mine ages and just returns to a beautiful point everytime! I would try and rescue yours first though by cutting the hairs off at the bottom. x

Me personally through experience of killing a million brushes would never leave a brush in plastic tube or metal either.

I train my brush and after use quick dip in fresh monomer and away in my cnd metal brush case which I store horizontally, whilst I am working through the day I store away under couch roll or towel away from dust and fillings.

My brush is my best friend, I look after it so much
as it makes me my wage, plus it took me a long time to find my sole brush hahah:lol::lol:

If it's just to use once i would try washing it with shampoo and boillng water,rinse thoroughly in boilling water the fill your dappen dish and train it back into shape.

Only as a temporary measure mind,i would never cut the brush TBH........

Hth's hun x

If it's just to use once i would try washing it with shampoo and boillng water,rinse thoroughly in boilling water the fill your dappen dish and train it back into shape.

Only as a temporary measure mind,i would never cut the brush TBH........

Hth's hun x
Is there anything particular to use (shampoo) it scares me to use something like that even though the brush is on it's last legs. Have you tried this before? The monomer over night has helped a bit but it's still not good enough to do a full set IYKWIM
Thankyou to everyone for your replies, fingers crossed they come out good

Yes i have. Nailzoo once did a thread,i just used normal shampoo and it worked for me hth's x

If the brush is damaged like this it is hard to recover it. As I said if it is just a few hairs it will do no harm to remove them as a last measure, if it is more than a few then you just have to judge for yourself.

When storing a brush in a tube, plastic or metal you must make sure that you do not catch any of the hairs when placing it in there, that is usually how this will happen.

I think the moral of this story is to have 2 brushes, one to use and one as a spare. I know money can be short when you first start out but having more than one brush to use is a Godsend when disaster strikes. It will always be a weekend and it will always be when we cannot cancel an appointment due to client's holiday or special do!

Let us know what you did and how you got on! :green:

Latest posts

Back