Help Please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sian2703

Reaction score
:irked:hi ya everyone thanks for reading this, I took a nail extensions course at carlon I really enjoyed and fell like i learnt a lot in a small space of time. But i would really like some time in a salon to watch other people put them on before i continue any futher, although i follow system that they showed me and it works the nails are comming out good, I lack confidence and feel that maybe a bit more time just watching would really help me, So i thought i would ask if there was anyone in kent who would be kind enough to let me come into the salon for the day just to watch how they do it .? I i did even think about going back to the carlton but the thing is it cost a furtune and i still wont get to watch a full set being put on. which is really what i wanna see because they only show you one hand i woiuld really like to see a full set being put on. thanks xxxxxxxx

HI there. why dont you go to a reputable salon and get a set of nails put on for yourself the best way to gain confidence is not to watch others but practice practice practice... ask your friends and family if they will let you do them for half price they say you need to do at least 100 sets befor mastering nail extensions!!!! ive been doing them for years and am still learning different techniques ive recently switched to gels from acrylic and am encountering a few problems of my own!!! x x:lol:

When I first wanted to do nails, I went to every good reputable nail tech in town and got my nails done and I watched everything they did. Then I started practicing on my friends and family and myself. Then I purchased videos and watched them nonstop. Still to this day I am eager to learn as much as I can. You are lucky to have found this forum, it will be very helpful for you. You can research whatever you want to know and chances are it will have already be covered.

Check the tutorials, they have lots of great information on there. You can also purchase Geeg's book "Nailclass" which I haven't purchased yet, but I hear that it is a great book.

Tammy Taylor's instructional videos are wonderful. You can also watch some of them on her website,
1 - Tammy Taylor Nails - www.TammyTaylorNails.com - Acrylic Nails, Manicures, Pedicures & Natural Nails and click on Webolutionary to watch the videos.

Nailzoo is now posting videos as well which you can watch online. Nail Zoo Video Page Find as many resources as you can and milk them dry. Practice as much as possible. They say you have to do 100 full sets before you "get it", so don't give up. If you want it bad enough you will! :green:

Just remember to follow the instructions for the system that you are using. For instance, TT primes twice without pre prep dehydration for an example. If you are not planning on using TT products then just watch the videos for the full set instructional value of it. If you are going to use Creative then you have to follow their prep guidelines and so on. You can learn something new every day if you dig for it. Good luck!

Last edited:
thanks for your responses they have really helped xx

:irked:hi ya everyone thanks for reading this, I took a nail extensions course at carlon I really enjoyed and fell like i learnt a lot in a small space of time. But i would really like some time in a salon to watch other people put them on before i continue any futher, although i follow system that they showed me and it works the nails are comming out good, I lack confidence and feel that maybe a bit more time just watching would really help me, So i thought i would ask if there was anyone in kent who would be kind enough to let me come into the salon for the day just to watch how they do it .? I i did even think about going back to the carlton but the thing is it cost a furtune and i still wont get to watch a full set being put on. which is really what i wanna see because they only show you one hand i woiuld really like to see a full set being put on. thanks xxxxxxxx

I agree online tutorials are helpful but for me seeing upclose and personal is much better especially if you have questions. I asked the same question months ago for an EzFlow tech in my area that might be prepared to let me go sit and watch for a day or half day. I hope you find some one that lets you. Good luck with that :hug:

Latest posts

Back