Help - Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemL

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who is a swim instructor and also keeps horses. The problem she is having is that she is in the water (so her nails are going soft) and then riding/looking after the horses. She keeps breaking her nails right down at the nail bed and it looks painful! Is there anything I can put on her nails to strengthen them or recommend that she puts on her nails?? She is keen to keep having her shellac on, but it really does look painful and I can see if causing difficulties when I come to soak off her Shellac too.

Any suggestions welcome :-?

Xx

have you tried Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel underneath Shellac ? otherwise she may be more suited to hard gel or acrylic ?

make sure she uses solar oil too :)

Hi, I haven't no. I'm just starting out and as yet i've only qualified for mani, ped, luxury man and ped and gel treatment. I hoping to be able to afford further training in the coming months but don't want to loose a client in the meantime :-/ x

You don't need training for smoothing gel...

Firstly Solar Oil 3 x day!

This will help the nails to grow stronger and most importantly in her case repel the chlorine :) Water&chlorine will be "bouncing off" the nail surface like smurfs on the trampoline :) Shellac or Brisa won't last if she's not using Solar oil as chlorine will penetrate the nail product and affect its wearability x As we all know Chlorine is one of the very few chemicals that affect Shellac performance and customers must be strict with the aftercare x

Thank Shunshineinme!!! I did give her a bottle of solar oil and told her to keep applying it but maybe she's not doing it often enough! Lol love the smurf example!!! :) Xx Thank you x

I have a horse and so far I've found the Brisa Smoothing Gel is the best, when I wear tips with gel or acrylic I tend to break them. My own nails have grown to a decent length now and the smoothing gel gives them enough strength but still have some flexibility. And Solar oil twice daily of course :)

I think i'll give the smoothing gel a go! Thank you all so much for your help :wink2:

Latest posts

Back