Help - soak off/file off gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katml

Reaction score
Ok I'm a bit confused, I thought that soak off gels referred to gels that were a polish basically that you remove after 2 weeks etc.
But now I'm starting to wonder if Brisa gels are considered soak off gels because you can use 'remove' to get rid of the product and do not have to buff it off of the entire nail?

Which brings me to my next question we were told in training that brisa is ideal or normal nails and that people with soft brittle nails shouldn't use brisa, but then if brisa is such a limiting product who do we really use them on seeing that most people usually wear enhancements because they cannot maintain their natural nails to a certain length because of brittleness or they wear it because they have a special function and want to add some length temporarily.

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions but I'm just trying to clarify!

*edit* K i read the system comparison article as well as the choosing the correct gel so I'm now a bit confused if brisa is a hard gel how come we use remove to soak off?

Last edited:
brisa is a file off gel. soaking off in 'remove' refers only to the very very thin layer that is left behind when filing off so as not to file the natural nail i believe.
to remove the whole nail enhancement with a soak off would take hours.

regarding brisa not been used for soft britle nails, when i got trained a client had two options ( not for them to choose from but for me as a professional to advise them to have) L+P would be best for a client with natural soft nails and l+p is hard so the hard l+p would stop the week nails moving and breaking.

While Brisa is flexable wer as l+p isnt, so you would use brisa on clients the have naturally strong nails that want lengthening or protecting, as the strong nail and the flexible gel would flex to sort of absorb the stong nail if that make sence.
but i do alot of brisa nails its really up to you as the proffesional with the information about the nail and the product to advice the client i get quite afew people coming to me saying ohh i want gel because it better for your nails! (well that what her friend said anyway) but if they have soft nails then they will prob lift and break so i think if you explain to the client why a product would suit them better theyll 99.9% of the time take your advice! x

thanks Amelia! i thought so! but then it makes me feel like how come so many people end up in gels nails despite their 'soft nails' almost and i find it makes the system sound so limiting too since l&p can basically go on anyone but i understand totally! thanks for just solidifying :)

Latest posts

Back