Help- SOOOOO many questions!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"If it's not fun than it's not worth doing"
I think this is why lost of us educator beat ourself up every Weekend going from show to show living out of our suitcase, just so that we get to do all this wild 3D nail art...... If it give you the joy to she 1 client freak out over 3D nail art, that sit 2 inches off the nail, and you know that she can't wipe herself, but she is happy, and you are happy because she is happy, then the money is not matter what matter is what are the % off tech out there is capable of what you did. Pushing the boundaries, setting bench mark for inspiring nail tech, and contribute to the evolution of our industry....... Go for it if you think it Matter.

I'm with you Geeg!

I totally agree that there are geographical areas that can generate a percentage of income from 3D (or any other nail art) and, as a poster said, any percentage is worth it. But.........

Overall the commerciality of 3D nail art is TINY!

If every technician could create beautiful enhancements for EVERY client, whatever their preference is, plus be knowledgeable and experienced with every aspect of the natural nail, then 'creative play time' is good.

Too much time is spent on these advanced techniques BEFORE the essential basics are finely honed.

Commercially, there are very very few salons who have interested clients. Plus the actual time taken cannot be realistically charged for. Of coure there are a few technicians that can do 3D flowers in no time but that takes hours of practice. For the vast majority of technicians cannot hope to charge for the actual time taken for a design that will last a couple of weeks!

There is far too much emphasis on nail art. The real emphasis should be on knowledge and skills for the real money earners. As Geeg said, the only ones truly benefitting are those selling the amazing products that creative technicians can't resist that then sit in the cupboard!

Any percentage of a service is making money. 7 clients or 7% is still money in the bank. You seem to have a dislike for 3d nail art Geeg, that is your choice, do you offer 3d? if not that could be why you dont get asked for it:) does not mean others see it the way you do. 3d can be extremley delicate and beautiful or loud, big, beautiful and in your face, it is a question of choice. When a person has a passion for something and it good at it, and a client who wishes to be a little different come together then hey... its all business x

I'm not saying it is not all business ... I am saying lets get real and admit that it is only a MINUTE part of the business and no way is it 7% because in all reality the nail tech is only doing 1 or 2 nails 3D so it is more realistically less than 1% of the total take.

I've nothing against any kind of nail art ... why do you think I do?? You are missing my point entirely. But as Marian says ... it is best to focus on the real business out there which is only comprised in a tiny part of nail art. services.

I agree, I also have many clients who do 3D designs and the reason some tech don't get these clients or cannot interest clients to do 3D is because either they cannot do it well or they simply don't have something to show to a client (pictures for example...) 3D is popular and as I said many my clients do it..

All my customers except 2 have nail art, its what attacts people's eyes down to the nails, far more than old plain french and gets them through the door! even if they opt out from it for some unlikely reason! lol

Latest posts

Back