Help & tips, Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbarnes

Reaction score
Hi

I have done about 5 sets of nails with gelish colour but the longest they have lasted is 5 days.
I did a set with glitter dust covering the colour and these lasted nearly 2 weeks.

Any tips on how to make them last?
Im not touching the cuticle or skin on the side.

Thank you

Just Gelish on its own over a tip? It won't last, designed for natural nails. X

Have you been on Gelish training? As if not it would definitely worth going on it:)

yes it was on natural nail all times.
I went on a day workshop so I have had some training on this

Hi, I use gelish all the time on natural nails and acrylic they both last 3 weeks. If you find it is peeling off then you are applying it too thick. Harmony do tell you to apply thinly if you need to you can do 3 coats as long as they are thin. Hope this helps xx

You need to give us more details on what you are doing and what is happening before you can get any real help here.
Tell us your application steps, what kind of lamp you are using etc.

Also what does ..they don't last....actually mean ?
Chipping, peeling?
Is it chipping at the free edge or at the cuticle area....does it peel off completely?

Help us to help you.

Are you capping free edge? x

Hi

Can you run through your procedure as its hard to trouble shoot until we know what you are doing x

It's chippig at the free edge then lifting..
I tried to apply as thin as possible and not touch and skin..

I buff and file the nail, cleanse, apply phonons then foundation and cure, colour , cure, colour cure, top coat cure, cleanse wipe to remove sticky residue..

Any tips on capping the free edge as I thnk this seems to be where I'm going wrong..

Thank u all for your replies x

Make sure you are really scrubbing the nail with cleanse, if you cleanse the nail well and dehydrate there is really no point in buffing. It thins the nail plate over time and should be avoided. I know its in the recommended procedure but many of us dont and if properly prepped it makes in difference.

Sent from my BLADEII using SalonGeek

Are you applying the foundation thinly & dry brushing it after curing?

Sounds like your coats are too thick & your not capping the free edge enough.

When your doing your base layer, take the brush out, wipe all excess off the brush & stick part, so basically looks like there's nothing on it, dab a little on each nail of a hand, then go back & spread it out ensuring you cap your free edge.
I was told that 1 bottle of base/foundation should be enough to do AT LEAST 65 full manicures. There really is enough on a brush that doesn't look like there's nothing on there at all.

Cure & dry brush.

As for the colour, again, wipe nearly all the colour off your brush & apply thinly.

I find if a client doesn't have much of a free edge to cap, i lift the finger up, push the tip of the finger away from the nail slightly & cap .... if any base/colour has gotten on the finger rather than the bed, then i remove it with the flat end of an orange stick.

Exactly what you've said to do with the base Wonda is how i was taught & do and i've never had any probs :)

Thank you so much for your advice..

One more tgi quickly what do u mean by dry brushing after curing? I wasn't told anything about that x

Latest posts

Back