Help! Unhappy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys ever feel like some clients don't see the difference in how dark their tan is of its a rapid tan? I have a few clients that feel like they aren't dark enough even if they leave it on for hours to be the darkest. @Spray tan jane @RED STAR @donnamich
I have this issue with rapids. Im not keen on them. I prefer an 8 hour tan. I find rapids dont give the same depth of colour. I only have a few clients that use my rapid tan but they dont use it as a rapid, they use it as an 8 hour as its a 20% xx

Yeah I taught it was just me! I find they don't give the same depth of colour either... But I am so fussy with tan! I think I should just spray my clients who like to sleep in their tan in St.Tropez and use MT on others I love MT and want others to love it!

Most of my clients want the LA fast tan now. They say it looks more natural. Everyone is different. It's still confusing after 6 years. [emoji23][emoji23]

After that client the other day saying she didn't like MT I am afraid to use it on other people now! Even though it's a gorgeous tan! Does anyone else use MT and their clients love it?

After that client the other day saying she didn't like MT I am afraid to use it on other people now! Even though it's a gorgeous tan! Does anyone else use MT and their clients love it?

I bought all the MT sample packs to try on myself and my daughter (who is also qualified to do spray tans). She's used the lighter shades and I've used the darker ones and we've both liked them so far. We have finally got around to using the Dusk and Nights and I must admit we were both really worried to start with as it applied really patchily. I used Nights and my face looked like I'd been down a coal mine! Anyway, I rinsed after 1 hour and my daughter after about 3 and a half hours as she was going out and we were both really relieved to see the patchy guide colour just rinsed off and our tans have developed into a beautiful natural looking tan - you are right that the exotic range gives a much nicer brown rather than orange colour!

We would definitely use the Dusk and Nights again on ourselves, my only issue with using it on clients would be if it always applied patchily it would probably scare clients off! How do you find it applies? Maybe I need to adjust my gun for this one?

I normally use Crazy Angel, either 9% or 13% or the Express and with those you can actually go out In Public with it on and not look ridiculous. It is cheaper than MT too. I don't think the Original MT is any better than CA, so I wouldn't bother changing over to that but I do think the exotics range has the edge with the finished tan. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts and how it fades.

OMG your client clearly wants to be a different race... It honestly looked like she had used shower gel which i bet she did cause she rinsed off the bronzer went to the gym and had another shower... Obviously she would have used shower gel to wash... It's so funny cause the first time I used Whitetobrown 10% on her and she said it was so dark and loved it, this time I used MT 11% and its too light?... kinda gobsmacked LOL my legs are really bad when it comes to tanning I have to spray them twice as the first time doesn't take... She wants me to use Whitetobrown on her next time...
@RED STAR thanks for commenting I forgot to tag you LOL

Your problem is that your client went to the gym after having her spray tan done.

The tan is rinsed after 2 hours, but still takes 8-12 hours to be completely developed. Excessive sweating will have most certainty affected the tan developing and so it's ended up streaky :)

Advise clients not to exercise after a tan :)

Hope that solves the mystery :) X

Your problem is that your client went to the gym after having her spray tan done.

The tan is rinsed after 2 hours, but still takes 8-12 hours to be completely developed. Excessive sweating will have most certainty affected the tan developing and so it's ended up streaky :)

Advise clients not to exercise after a tan :)

Hope that solves the mystery :) X

Thanks Noreen, that's a great help as even though I'm professionally tanning 6 years there are still clients that will make you second guess! If she has washed it of then went to bed she would have seen a great difference...

I bought all the MT sample packs to try on myself and my daughter (who is also qualified to do spray tans). She's used the lighter shades and I've used the darker ones and we've both liked them so far. We have finally got around to using the Dusk and Nights and I must admit we were both really worried to start with as it applied really patchily. I used Nights and my face looked like I'd been down a coal mine! Anyway, I rinsed after 1 hour and my daughter after about 3 and a half hours as she was going out and we were both really relieved to see the patchy guide colour just rinsed off and our tans have developed into a beautiful natural looking tan - you are right that the exotic range gives a much nicer brown rather than orange colour!

We would definitely use the Dusk and Nights again on ourselves, my only issue with using it on clients would be if it always applied patchily it would probably scare clients off! How do you find it applies? Maybe I need to adjust my gun for this one?

I normally use Crazy Angel, either 9% or 13% or the Express and with those you can actually go out In Public with it on and not look ridiculous. It is cheaper than MT too. I don't think the Original MT is any better than CA, so I wouldn't bother changing over to that but I do think the exotics range has the edge with the finished tan. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts and how it fades.

Well I have to say I'm delighted you love it! yes the guide colour is black lol!! That's honestly the only down side to this tan for me... I find it applies flawlessly, on my legs that's a different story as my legs are desperate when it comes to tanning they just refuse to make me happy and tan! I use dusk religiously every week and leave it on for 5 hours and rinse it of and wash my hair with sulphate free shampoo and I have been doing this for 5 months every week and this shampoo has never ever made my tan streaky!! I can say that sulphate shampoo will definitely streaky your tan!! Always just make sure that your gun is set very flow for minimal mist spray, if it's going on patchy its the clients skin, they clearly haven't prepped properly!! I have a client for 2 years we couldn't figure out why her legs were always streaky but the rest of her body was flawless... Then one time I went to tan her turned out she didn't shave and had a quick shower before she had a spray and we realised it was the RASOR!! The moisturizing strip on the razor added an oily barrier and caused the streaky tan!!! Now I just use the disposable ones and tell my clients to either use them or shave the night before and have a quick shower before I get there...

Yeah I don't use the normal range of MT as they are just the same as the rest of the run in the mill solutions out there! BUT I have to say tho I was using whitetobrown for 3 years and it never ever covered my stomach it was always translucent!! I used the MT 10% original and my stomach was completely covered opaque!!

MT definitely fades great, with sulphate free body wash and daily moisturizing its great I feel like it just gets lighter and lighter with minimal patchy and scaly... I would love to know how you and your daughter find it!!

Well I have to say I'm delighted you love it! yes the guide colour is black lol!! That's honestly the only down side to this tan for me... I find it applies flawlessly, on my legs that's a different story as my legs are desperate when it comes to tanning they just refuse to make me happy and tan! I use dusk religiously every week and leave it on for 5 hours and rinse it of and wash my hair with sulphate free shampoo and I have been doing this for 5 months every week and this shampoo has never ever made my tan streaky!! I can say that sulphate shampoo will definitely streaky your tan!! Always just make sure that your gun is set very flow for minimal mist spray, if it's going on patchy its the clients skin, they clearly haven't prepped properly!! I have a client for 2 years we couldn't figure out why her legs were always streaky but the rest of her body was flawless... Then one time I went to tan her turned out she didn't shave and had a quick shower before she had a spray and we realised it was the RASOR!! The moisturizing strip on the razor added an oily barrier and caused the streaky tan!!! Now I just use the disposable ones and tell my clients to either use them or shave the night before and have a quick shower before I get there...

Yeah I don't use the normal range of MT as they are just the same as the rest of the run in the mill solutions out there! BUT I have to say tho I was using whitetobrown for 3 years and it never ever covered my stomach it was always translucent!! I used the MT 10% original and my stomach was completely covered opaque!!

MT definitely fades great, with sulphate free body wash and daily moisturizing its great I feel like it just gets lighter and lighter with minimal patchy and scaly... I would love to know how you and your daughter find it!!

Fortunately our actual tans after we'd rinsed the guide colour off weren't streaky at all, it was only as it was going on but I think my gun may need a bit of adjustment, it does from time to time so hopefully that will rectify that problem. I wasn't overly concerned from our point of view as I guessed it would all even out after the guide colour was rinsed off, it's just clients don't always understand this and it can be a bit scary! The Dusk looked fine before rinsing, it was just the Nights that looked soooo dark!!

Although I didn't like the White to Brown tans, I do love their shower gel! In fact I bought every bottle they had left in Salon Services when it was reduced to half price! (They discontinued it for a while but looks like they've brought out a new version?). It smells gorgeous (for men or women!) and helps maintain the tan so I'm guessing it's probably sulphate free (I'll read ingredients later).

Fortunately our actual tans after we'd rinsed the guide colour off weren't streaky at all, it was only as it was going on but I think my gun may need a bit of adjustment, it does from time to time so hopefully that will rectify that problem. I wasn't overly concerned from our point of view as I guessed it would all even out after the guide colour was rinsed off, it's just clients don't always understand this and it can be a bit scary! The Dusk looked fine before rinsing, it was just the Nights that looked soooo dark!!

Although I didn't like the White to Brown tans, I do love their shower gel! In fact I bought every bottle they had left in Salon Services when it was reduced to half price! (They discontinued it for a while but looks like they've brought out a new version?). It smells gorgeous (for men or women!) and helps maintain the tan so I'm guessing it's probably sulphate free (I'll read ingredients later).

I use dusk and the guide colour is black lol... definitely adjust your gun anyway as you could be using to much solution and running into your profits... I love a good sulphate free body wash and shampoo cause I trust they will not ruin my tan...

Yeah some clients will be overly exaggerated and freak the f out... just tell them to leave it alone that's all we can do if they mess it its their problem!

Latest posts

Back