Help wanted 4 promotion ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nblain2002

Reaction score
Openned a new beauty room in a hair dressers about 10 weeks ago and was busy for the first few weeks with friends and family but now starting to trail off some days only getting a couple of eyebrow waxes, so looking for new promtional ideas.

ive so far;-
1-went round all the local shops, take aways, libraires, health centres and put up 'now open' leaflets.
2- delivered leaflets
3- in the process of sending out 10% off for 3 months to the hair dressers regular customers.
4-going 2moro to contact the two local newspapers to get a editorial published.
5- created a 'bebo' page
6- Even started to stop people coming off the bus out side the shop

so as it has totally died down rounning out of ideas can anyone help......

xxx

They're all good ideas, but they're not "different" or necessarily "exciting"...how about, while you're talking to the newspapers, asking them if they would do a story about you helping out a local charity etc?

One of the most effective things I've ever done was to set up a table in the middle of the town centre on one of the busiest Saturdays of the year, with a large poster advertising my event; painting as many nails as I could in 4 hours with every penny going to a local charity. A friend went with me to help (Handing out my leaflets, talking to other people, fetching me coffee etc!), and we raised a lot. But off the back of that, so many people saw me there with all my branding, I got to talk to loads of people about what I was doing, lots of ladies were walking around with my work on their fingers, AND I got to help people who needed it. Plus, with the article in the paper the following week, it was more good advertising.

Just wanted to pass my idea on to you, you never know, it might help!

Agreed, 'event' type advertising works better as it's 'face to face'. Stalls at church fetes, animal shelter fundraisers & so forth doing small treatments (seated & clothed back & scalp massage, mini-reflexologies etc) work well as people not only experience the treatment but also get to meet you, thus making it less frightening to walk into a new salon.

I'd also try contacting local interest & social groups such as flower arranging guilds, women's social clubs etc as these often have guest speakers. Sometimes you get paid for them as well, but either way make it an interesting & interactive talk/demonstration and you'll get quite a few clients. In the past I've done them on skin ageing & treatment (including making their own rosewater toners & showing them a mini-facial routine they could use on themselves), looking after the body (including making a salt/oil body scrub), aromatherapy (including demonstrating a hand massage & getting them to do it on each other), hand & nail care (showing them how to file properly & took the paraffin wax heater along for them to try). I'm sure you can think of plenty of others!

Also, are you encouraging those that are coming in to try other things? I often broach this by saying something like "I've just taken on this new treatment doing X, which involves...." & if you're passionate enough about what it you'll often find them saying, "oh, I'd like one of those", it's worth a try!

Latest posts

Back