Help waxing after facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwood

Reaction score
Ok so I've been in the industry for 12 years and I've always wax eyebrows after a Dermalogica facial never had any problems if I know I'm waxing I won't put a strong exfoliant on that area...anyway I've been given a warning after a client complained that her eyebrows were really red when she got home am I wrong ? :(

The client has warned you? I'm not being funny but what does she expect after an eyebrow wax?!! As you know the eyebrow is a sensitive area to wax and some people are more sensitive than others. Me and my daughter are both particularly sensitive and we both go bright red after an eyebrow wax, its nothing to do with the wax or the technique, it's just the way we are.

Provided you've checked for contra indications and she hasnt suffered any other side effects such as blistering I wouldnt worry, it sounds like a normal after effect of waxing to me

I always wax eyebrows mid facial, so after I exfoliate, then when you apply the mask apply colloidial mask to the waxed area, avoid when massaging and then apply either your routine after care lotion or barrier repair...never had a problem.
xxxx

Check with your insurer... :)
And if your employer (assuming you don't work for yourself if you have been given a warning) says not to do waxing with a facial then you need to follow their instruction. Sorry.

It's not just about checking with our insurers, it's about making informed decisions on a professional level.

I wouldn't do a facial and wax on the same day.

I wouldn't do wax & facial in the same day either. The facial skin needs to be thoroughly exfoliated & massaged etc & usually in most cases the whole point of the facial is relaxation. To avoid the brow area in a facial would simply be pointless IMO I spend a lot of time massaging & draining away toxins around the eye area.
I'd just be too conscious of a reaction with waxing mid way through or even after a facial. Why shouldn't they get the best exfoation & mask treatment possible.

Latest posts

Back