Help! What am I doing wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quiche

Reaction score
I am trained and use Creative's Liquid & Powder system and I seem to have a problem with the entire nail including tip and acrylic coming off the nail after only a few days.

I have really stepped up my prep to ensure that there is no cuticle on the nail, I then buff the top of the nail, wipe until it screetches with scrub fresh and then apply nailprime but still I have had a client phone after only one day to say that one has come off (and she is a regular wearer!!)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated - thank you

Are you being ultra careful to not get any primer or product on the skin around the nail? Have you looked at their website for tutorials to compare their work to yours? IDK, but that was the first thought that came to mind.

Are you sure you are leaving a tiny free margin around the nail to ensure the product doesnt touch the skin? Pressing the product to ensure is adheres properly? and making sure in zone 3 the product is flush with the nail?

Are you finish filing properly and is your mix ratio right? Just a couple of other ideas to consider.

Thanks ladies - I will give these a go :)

Quiche .. when a client says one nail came off, what she really means is SHE BROKE ONE .. and then probably picked the rest off. I'm sure you are doing nothing wrong.

Watch the Scrub Fresh though ... If you are using SF like mad then it could be you are saturating the nail plate and it is damp when you apply your L&P ... this can cause major lifting.

Just use a damp pad for your SF .. it is all you need and make sure nails are completely dry before application. This should be enough without using nail prime (which I have never used in my life I have to say).

Hi,

I also trained with CND and was taught to use NailFresh not NailPrime if using Retention +

I was taught to use that first then wipe over with SF if the client has excess oil in their skin. I have to say that I use it with all my clients and it works a treat with no lifting since I started doing it this way. It may be that I am just getting better at my job but I am sticking with it.

I'm sure as Geeg says you are not doing anything wrong you just have an awkward/picky client who expects you to fix them for free. Please do not do that if she asks, if you do it once they will expect it again and again!!!!

hi quiche

just a thought. when using primer for gels my instructor told me to ensure that the primer has dried thoroughly before continuing. i don't know if it's the same thing for l+p so if someone could comment on this? it's just another suggestion

hi quiche

just a thought. when using primer for gels my instructor told me to ensure that the primer has dried thoroughly before continuing. i don't know if it's the same thing for l+p so if someone could comment on this? it's just another suggestion

All nails must always be perfectly DRY before any product is applied to the surface.

Some people think the nails are dry but around the edges they may not be .. guess what? Lifting around the edges occurs!!

Some people think they are being extra thorough using masses of ScrubFresh .. so much so that the nail is saturated with it ... not dry .. guess what? Lifting (only use Scrubfresh on a a damp pad not wet)

Some people seem to use Scrub Fresh, Nail Fresh, Scrub Fresh and then Nail Prime (mostly newbies do this to minimize any chances of lifting but when you have more experience you can stop doing it).... NOT necessary ......... 99% of the time ScrubFresh is the ONLY thing you need to prepare the surface of the nails to accept CND products. :green:

One of the best things about using CND is how FEW steps need to be taken to prep and how LITTLE product is needed to prep ... The other prep products are learning tools/aids and to help if you have a client who has a particular need for it. It is not normal CND procedure to use all the prep products before every service! :eek:

Hi,

I also trained with CND and was taught to use NailFresh not NailPrime if using Retention +

I was taught to use that first then wipe over with SF if the client has excess oil in their skin. I have to say that I use it with all my clients and it works a treat with no lifting since I started doing it this way. It may be that I am just getting better at my job but I am sticking with it.

I'm sure as Geeg says you are not doing anything wrong you just have an awkward/picky client who expects you to fix them for free. Please do not do that if she asks, if you do it once they will expect it again and again!!!!

Hi snipps, retention + does not actually require nail fresh or prime as it creates a covelant bond to the nail plate. Nail prime can be used if found to have lifting issues and nail fresh me personally would only use sparingly on clients with oily nailbeds hot clamy hands say as nail fresh temporarily dehydrates the nail plate right the way down to within an inch of its life:):) Or on clients like hairdressers say whom I have one who has just her index finger keeps on lifting slightly I ensure I double prep her.

Have faith in your products and trust them, if you are using nailfresh scrub fresh and prime on every client you could fall into a habit and therefore not trust your technique on its own without these prep boosters, Go back to basics and as geeg said just use a touch of scrub fresh and scrub this is all thats needed when using CND's L&P systems, unless ofcourse when in for maintenance you are getting issues I would ONLY THEN use your prep boosters if you are sure it's not a technique issue, ie too thick z3, or to close to tissue, not through prep etc.:):) x

Latest posts

Back