HELP! what could this be?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caitlin

Reaction score
for the past couple years I have had this problem. First, I am only 19 years old so it is definitely causing unneeded stress and I worry so much about what others think of me.

I had hair on my upper lip from late middle school to high school. I began to wax, tweeze, or use cream remover to get rid of it. I have been able to do this prety successfully but there is now a shadow where it used to be. I cannot even cover it up with makeup. It is a like a whitish color. When I get hot, it gets even worse. My face=red..the mark white.

please help. thanks so much.

for the past couple years I have had this problem. First, I am only 19 years old so it is definitely causing unneeded stress and I worry so much about what others think of me.

I had hair on my upper lip from late middle school to high school. I began to wax, tweeze, or use cream remover to get rid of it. I have been able to do this prety successfully but there is now a shadow where it used to be. I cannot even cover it up with makeup. It is a like a whitish color. When I get hot, it gets even worse. My face=red..the mark white.

please help. thanks so much.

Sounds like could be hypopigmentation(Vitiligo)It is where the skin loses its pigmentation.If it is this you need to be extra careful in protecting this area against sunburn with a high factor suncream.

I would seek medical advice as we aren't medically qualified and this is only a guess.You could pop into a chemsit and ask for advice or see a dermatologist to give you peace of mind.

If it is Vitiligo a good camouflage cream can hide the discoluration.HTH

thank you so much. if it is that, are there things that can make it go away?

do you have any suggestions for a good concealer?

I have found that using a nice bronzer rather than a blusher is good, I apply to the upper cheeks, chin forehead (only slightly about an inch about the eyebrows) the centre of the nose ans if required to the upper lip. Theres no need to go overboard just use it like a highlighter. A nice bronzer with like a shimmer is great at reflecting, a nice powdery one acts like talc for when your warm x x x

Vitiligo is the result of damage to the melanocytes of the skin.It's usually noticed in sun exposed areas such as hands ,arms, feet, face and lips but people do get it in other areas as well.

UVB has been claimed to be effective and safer than a lot of other treatments,this is a form of light treatment.

For small areas it's usually recommended that a person uses a steroid cream.Its the safest and easiest initial treatment but you do have to be careful not to overuse it as problems can occur with it.

There are also natural methods of treating Vitiligo and I have a client who has lots of Vitiligo all over her body who swears by a cream and some herbs that she buys from India.She visits the country frequently and it does tend to be a problem with people of a darker skin so they have their own medications to help ease the problems of Vitiligo

There is a treatment called the BCLEAR system that uses UVB.Phone number 08704292220,they have clinics in Harley Street,London,Oxford Street,Manchester.

Rio skin camouflage is a professional corrective cosmetic which looks very good,this is priced at £29.99.There are lots of camouflage treatments out there that do an excellent job of covering up birth marks,Vitiligo and other skin pigmentation problems.

I hope all this information helps but please do have someone medically qualified have a look at it before worrying.If it is Vitiligo there are many different treatments for it.

Good luck.:hug:

Dermablend is a concealer for birth marks and scars etc it is good because it will only come off with remover when you want it to so you can swim in it etc and you can get an exact match.
look on the uk website.Dermablend
Also Charles Fox , Theatre , Face Paints , Facepainting , Make Up. Make Up workshops and find dermacolor.Looks like you can get this by prescription if the doctors think you may be eligible would depend on the severity i suppose.

thank you all. I will look into all of your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Vitiligo can be tested for with bloods - I had problems on my body where some parts wouldn't tan and the docs tested me for a few things and told me I didn't have anything wrong... so it must be where I burnt badly a previous year.

Might be worth asking the doc.

Vitiligo can be tested for with bloods - I had problems on my body where some parts wouldn't tan and the docs tested me for a few things and told me I didn't have anything wrong... so it must be where I burnt badly a previous year.

Might be worth asking the doc.
No specific testing is usually carried out for Vitiligo,one third of the population can suffer with Vitiligo,it can occur in any nationality but can be heredatory.

Its not just a case of having a blood test to decide if someone has Vitiligo.Have a chat with your doctor hun,he/she is the best one or a dermatologist to ask for advice.xx

i have hyper pigmentation on my forehead and neck and is getting worse by the day - i apply a spray tan on mine and it seems to cover it quite well - i know what you mean tho - i feel that my forehead and neck stick out like a sore thumb - but when i mention it to peeps, they say that they didnt notice it - yeah right - they just being kind, and i love em for it - but if YOU can see it - you feel like everyone else can i would certainly try the spray tan flower and see how you get on with that
n

i have hyper pigmentation on my forehead and neck and is getting worse by the day - i apply a spray tan on mine and it seems to cover it quite well - i know what you mean tho - i feel that my forehead and neck stick out like a sore thumb - but when i mention it to peeps, they say that they didnt notice it - yeah right - they just being kind, and i love em for it - but if YOU can see it - you feel like everyone else can i would certainly try the spray tan flower and see how you get on with that
n
If you want to cover it then I wouldn't use a spray tan hun,it's difficult to get it to match anyway but even harder with a spray tan because you cant focus on one tiny area with a spray.

I would try a St Tropez lotion,applied with hands.This can have moisturiser added to it to lighten so it matches the other skin,you would build it up over a couple of days until you get the desired result.Just apply it to the areas needed.

I have vitiligo on my legs and hyper pigmentation on my face,on my cheeks,right side is worse than left,I also have it on the forehead,fortunately as in lots of cases it's not as bad at all in the winter,but summer I hate it.

Lazer treatment is an option that I am currently looking into,it's just I have a client who has had age spots removed from her hands and arms and she still has redness and this is 6 months down the line.Also there is lots of scabbing and it looked bad enough on the arms and hands so goodness knows what I would like like with that type of scabbing on my face.

I will let you know if I go ahead and what the outcome is okay.

These hand on lotions are much easier than spray tans.HTH:)

Latest posts

Back