Help!!! Whats best Bio-sculpture or Calgel??? Best Manicure Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joingram87

Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping that someone would be able to shed some light on this for me as I have red mixed reviews and am slightly confused!

I am keen on doing a nail technician course and i would like to know what the difference is between Bio-sculpture and Calgel! from what I can gather clients seem to prefer Calgel and does seem to be around more in salons - that said is it the better out of the 2??

I have been able to find more information on Bio-sculpture regarding training in the Midlands, is there anywhere in the Midlands for Calgel training?

I also understand that I need to do a manicure course before i can do either gel course. What/who do i need to make sure the course is accredited by other than BABTAC and Habia?

Thank you for your help! I would like to get started asap!! :D

Jo

I can only speak for Bio-sculpture but I think the product is brilliant, I am sure Calgel techs will say the same about that product too as it is totally personal preference. I know that when I trained with Bio someone on my course had completed their manicure course first. Might be worth having a look on their website Bio Sculpture or give them a ring and chat with them as they are really helpful and could answer your questions better than I can.

Hope this helps.

Emily :D

Hiya Jo, welcome to the site!

I am a Calgel trained tech and they do a very good 2day course for qualified manicurists. its a great product to work with and even with just a manicure qualification you will come out confident and with full knowledge of the products. that said, both products are extremely, extremely similar and both very much known by the public for their reputations. If you give head office a call at luton (now called izabelle Hammon) they can give you the number of your nearest educator.
hth, :D
Angie. x

Hi both,

Thank you for you help and advice. I did look on Izabelles web site earlier today and from what I can see my nearest educator is Leicester (I am in Redditch) Obviously, my first initial problem is knowing where the best place is to obtain my manicure qualification (I know biosculpture offer that as part of their beginners course) as I am rather in the dark about the whole industry as im sure a lot of others are. My friend recommended thenailschool as she did her gel training there, they are BABTAC acredited but dont appear to be quite as informative as bio sculptures website.

I have been reading up reviews of both products on this site and it does seem to be a personal preferance however some people seem to disagree with the strength of Calgel.

Jo x

Whilst Bio Sculpture is without a doubt the best for a huge colour choice, Calgel is probably better for strength.

For popularity though, many clients refer to Bio Sculpture by name, knowing that it's the kind of soak off gel application they're looking for in particular.

I was pleased with my Bio Sculpture course. I do find Calgel to be a harder gel, but I use several gels. Calgel for some clients, Bio for others, NSI for some, and Brisa as well.

I prefer Bio's colour choices, but they are very pricey here in Canada and won't sell 4ml jars of color as singles, only the 10 ml size. If you want 4ml you have to buy a 10 pack. Minimum orders with Bio as well. I find Calgel easier to work with, I can order 4 ml jars of colour and I love the local rep. I just wish Calgel had a better color assortment and the "color stix" that Bio had (the "Color Stix" are a fantastic way to display your colours and clients can "try them on.")

Calgel do a really good plastic colour pallet and they have added some lovely new colours for spring summer that you can get on plastic colour sticks to show to clients.I would think they have over a hundred colours now and of course you can mix them to get more.
I find Calgel brilliant it has become the main part of my business and continues to grow.

I occasionally do get some ex bio users but i feel if bio isnt working it is probably more to do with the skills of the nail tech putting it on rather than the gel itself as i know there are many who swear by it.Ive only ever used calgel so i certainly wouldnt personally say calgel is better because i dont know.

Calgel like other systems and products has its little ways in prep and application,which you have to get to know to produce a really good long lasting set of nails but calgels training,ongoing training and aftercare is very good so help is always at hand if you have any problems.

I would say that if you do want to be able to offer nail enhancements to all people you should probably learn all systems or at least a hard gel as well as a soak off.Its great for most people but not for everybody.

Latest posts

Back