HELP! which nail course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamjams

Reaction score
Hi nail geeks,

I was thinking of doing a hme study nail tech course and picked essential nails , ive since researched it more and have decided i would benefit more from having proper training as im serious and would like to do this aa a career, so ive narrowed it down to NSI 4 day course, or creative nail design (CND) but now im stuck !! whos the best ?:hug:

Hi nail geeks,

I was thinking of doing a hme study nail tech course and picked essential nails , ive since researched it more and have decided i would benefit more from having proper training as im serious and would like to do this aa a career, so ive narrowed it down to NSI 4 day course, or creative nail design (CND) but now im stuck !! whos the best ?:hug:

Without a doubt Creative is the best system available imo !! Also Sweet Squared training is excellent and the staff unbelievably friendly ad helpful. They do a five day beginners course which is excellent and includes the full Creative kit.

Good Luck and enjoy your course!!!!!

I've done NSI acrylic, gel, holywood toes and e-filing and i'm happy i did. I had one-to-one lessons. not like some courses having around 15 ppl in a class. I'm not saying others are better or worse cos i've not tried them. but whatever one you choose don't go for the really cheap ones. it's worth spending some more money on the course and doing it with the recognised companies. just look at it as an investment. and if you're going to be doing it as acareer then you'll get your money back quickly.

Without a doubt Creative is the best system available imo !! Also Sweet Squared training is excellent and the staff unbelievably friendly ad helpful. They do a five day beginners course which is excellent and includes the full Creative kit.

Good Luck and enjoy your course!!!!!

Creative used to be part of NSI. They separated and became CND. NSI was the first to use acrylic on the nails and start off the nail industry. Just for your info: acrylic used to be used by dentists to fix broken and chipped teeth. Few chemist working with these acrylics came up with the idea of using it to create nail enhancements. Stared a company and called themselves NSI.

Huh? CND was started in 1979 by Stuart Nordstrom and his family. CND was never part of NSI and vice a versa.

Hmm, first Ive heard about Creative being part of NSI!

LOL....glad the CND/NSI thing was sorted there....I was a bit HUH! too :lol:

It isn't about which is the 'Best' because you will get avid CND supporters and avid NSI supporters which just starts a heated debate more often than not!! :lol:

Research both companies ( and others too )....find out what training is available in your area.... ring them up and speak to someone to ask your questions....

There will be many threads on here regarding both companies aswell so that might be a great start.....

There might well be a 'Best' company but sometimes it is better to remain a tad impartial and find out the best company to do your training with for yourself.....if you research well you will find it :wink2:

ok , thanks everyone . ive still not decided , im doing my research so i dont waste my money.

Has anyone heard of ezflow(california nails)? in bolton , i live close to them and it would be esasier for me to get to, but i want a recogised certificate....:eek:

After having attended a four day intensive course i now realise after visiting this site and many failed nail applications that i know nothing!! i would advise you to take the longer college courses, i know it takes longer to qualify but you will be properly trained, which i have not been and i am 500.00 out of pocket, and this was a half price course!! i am learning more on this site than on the course. happy learning!!

My advice is train privately through a reputable nail company/distributor, as the educators are skilled and have a passion for your success as you are a product of their workmanship. Ensure there is ongoing support available to you after your course is complete. Research Nail Technicians who are successful and ask about their journey I always recommend quality when it comes to education over the $$$$.

Latest posts

Back