Help with a friend situation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laraa__xx

Reaction score
Hiya,

This may sound a bit funny but I'm really stuck.

Me and two friends (one male one female) have booked to go to sharm el sheik in April for a week.

Last weekend the male friend has told the female friend that he likes her... Since then my female friend has been a bit freaked out because she has recently had a MESSY break up and has used this male friend as a someone to confide in and he has happily obliged.

Anyway, now neither of us feel happy/ comfortable to go on holiday with him.
We've told him we feel uncomfortable but his opinion is "I've paid. I'm coming"
However we don't want to upset him.

Thanks in advance.

tbh, if he has paid of course he should still be able to come. Could you ask if any friends what to buy his place from him and pay the fee for the name changes?

The other option is to talk it over with him, yes he likes her, but that doesn't mean hes going to be weird or any different than normal. Perhaps he is happy to accept she isn't interested and move on as before being friends still?

Thanks for the reply.

It's the fact that she said to him straight away I'm not interested and he has then proceeded to go on about it for a few days after.
We don't want him to come but then I have the overwhelming feeling of how awful we are for saying that and I would be heartbroken if two friends did that to me. :/

Are you all still friends, or is it just that you feel uncomfortable together?
If no, then you can all go, but just stay away from each other.
If yes, then you need to talk things through and explain that they can only ever be friends.
x

We haven't all been together since its only been via text as my best friend (the female one) doesn't feel right. Also I've made it clear I do not want to go and have to keep an eye on here. We've all had an awful last year so this holiday was to unwind... And my best friend is 22 and she's never been on holiday and we've both been friends for 7 years and only been as far was Essex (2hrs away). This holiday is a big thing! Xx

I would just go and stay away from each other.
Maybe if you say this to him, he may find a friend to come along and spend the holiday with him.
x

Maybe get friend #4 to join your trip? If it is at all possible xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

You've got a couple of months for things to smooth out so I wouldn't be to hasty about coming to a decision as you may regret it/lose a friend?
It may be awkward for a while but things soon go back to normal just make sure he knows her feelings. If he's never acted on his feelings before I doubt he will now, maybe he told her so he doesn't have to think "what if" any more an can move on now he knows she doesn't feel the same? Xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back