Help with a separated toenail, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailspirit

Reaction score
Hello geeks!

Funny thing. Some hours ago i did put me shoes on and went to a store. There i felt that one of my toes is hurting. It was ok, not anything critical though.
Came home took me shoes off...and voila...my right foot sock was bloody. A toe next to the small one was bleeding. Not much just a little. I thougt that my toes just rubbed together or something and washed and desinfected my feet. Ok, the pain did not stop there...for a closer look and feel i could easily see that the same bloody toenail was not attached to the nail plate anymore. At least not from the very close to the "free edge".
I have twinkle toes right now made with a soft soak off gel and some glitter. Really thin ones and the gel is really flexible (ManiQ YN).
I really dont know what sould i do now. I cant even think off soaking or filing it off now...it hurts quite a lot when i touch it...
Just dont understand how did it happen? I did not hit it anywhere and the shoes were at least 5 years old ones (not at all thight). I have had twinkle toes earlier and have had not such a problem. I just made these ones qouple of days ago and all the toes were fine.
I know my memory is not the best at the moment but i would remember hitting my toe so badly that it sepparated from the nail plate...:rolleyes:
Any thoughts how did it happen and what should i do now?

Thank you:hug:

Hello geeks!

Funny thing. Some hours ago i did put me shoes on and went to a store. There i felt that one of my toes is hurting. It was ok, not anything critical though.
Came home took me shoes off...and voila...my right foot sock was bloody. A toe next to the small one was bleeding. Not much just a little. I thougt that my toes just rubbed together or something and washed and desinfected my feet. Ok, the pain did not stop there...for a closer look and feel i could easily see that the same bloody toenail was not attached to the nail plate anymore. At least not from the very close to the "free edge".
I have twinkle toes right now made with a soft soak off gel and some glitter. Really thin ones and the gel is really flexible (ManiQ YN).
I really dont know what sould i do now. I cant even think off soaking or filing it off now...it hurts quite a lot when i touch it...
Just dont understand how did it happen? I did not hit it anywhere and the shoes were at least 5 years old ones (not at all thight). I have had twinkle toes earlier and have had not such a problem. I just made these ones qouple of days ago and all the toes were fine.
I know my memory is not the best at the moment but i would remember hitting my toe so badly that it sepparated from the nail plate...:rolleyes:
Any thoughts how did it happen and what should i do now?

Often when the toes are enhanced, we let them get a little longer than usual. It may just have been rubbing against the shoe leather as you walked and lifted. The shoe wouldn't have to necessarily be tight to do this but if the nail was longer than usual that would be the cause.

Anyway, it has happened and you need to wrap it up in a bandaid/plaster and let it heal. You could also shorten it. You may find that it will reattach if not, then keep shortening it until grown out. Important not to catch it again. There is no need to remove the gel at all really. Just keep the nail much shorter.

Ouhh thats great news! I havent had any issues with toenails before so i was quite stuck on this one. It doesnt hurt anymore either, i will try to shorten it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back