Help with applying eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timeless Tanning

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I'm still very new to eyelash extensions and doing a set on my sister tomorrow.

Firstly, I need to tint her eyelashes, so once I've done that do I still apply the primer before applying the lashes.

Secondly, my sister has not got a lot of lashes on the corners but what she does have, curl up in an almost vertical direction.

How would you go about applying lashes in this case?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Jackie

Hi Jackie

To ensure the best bonding lashes need to be clean, I always prep - my motto is 'prep, lash, go!'

Corner lashes - I apply smaller lashes to these little babies and blend into the size agreed. When the client has their eyes open the 'stickie up lashes' are not so noticeable. If they are bent or growing in the wrong direction then you need to do a correctional lash application by 'base extensioning' as it's important the extensions are all flush and don't criss-cross.

If you're not confident about doing this then just leave them until you're ready for the advanced course techniques!

HTH
Francesca

I agree with the above. It is very important to prepare the lashes extra well after tint as you will be using vaseline + tint and if these are not cleaned well then lashes wont last. Defo use primer, but before that clean lashes with oil free make-up remover or pads.

I would also do a correctional lash application for any lashes that grow in different directions.

Good luck and keep going :)

Hi Jackie

To ensure the best bonding lashes need to be clean, I always prep - my motto is 'prep, lash, go!'

Corner lashes - I apply smaller lashes to these little babies and blend into the size agreed. When the client has their eyes open the 'stickie up lashes' are not so noticeable. If they are bent or growing in the wrong direction then you need to do a correctional lash application by 'base extensioning' as it's important the extensions are all flush and don't criss-cross.

If you're not confident about doing this then just leave them until you're ready for the advanced course techniques!

HTH
Francesca

Thanks Ladies, you have been really helpful. Was hoping somebody would respond before the treatment today. I've got no idea what a correctional lash by 'base extensioning' is!

Would be great to know though even though I may not attempt it today.

Thanks

Jackie

Perhaps you could tint her lashes the day before her EE application.

Latest posts

Back